Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Im new to this..but this was my first yay moment!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went to the outlet mall near me this weekend. A lot of the stores were having an additional % off of their summer clearance so I bought some things for dd for next year.

The 2 on the left are Childrens Place and were clearanced for $6.99. With additional markdowns they came to $2.99 ea. The other 3 are Osh Kosh. They had 20% off clearance prices so I got them for 2@ $2.39 ea and the hula shirt was just $1.59! I picked up a few more shirts from Osh Kosh but they are just different color variations of whats in the picture. 

I usually pay close to full price in season so this was a huge victory for me lol. 

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Awesome! Dh and I got dd a couple of onesies on clearance a few weeks ago from Carter's and we paid around $3 for each too. I just hate to buy clothes in advance like that because I'm not sure how dd will grow, my neice was in 18m clothes at 3 years old. Good for you for thinking ahead! 

liveforever
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Awesome! Dh and I got dd a couple of onesies on clearance a few weeks ago from Carter's and we paid around $3 for each too. I just hate to buy clothes in advance like that because I'm not sure how dd will grow, my neice was in 18m clothes at 3 years old. Good for you for thinking ahead! 

I didnt do it much when dd was small. Her growth spurts were crazy and shed grow out of things so fast! Shes 6 now so shes finally evened out enough where I know just to buy a size up from what shes at now.

lyrick24
by Melissa on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:46 AM

very good deal and very cute!

artistic_kitty
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Way to go! It's great picking up those deals when you have agood handle on what your child might fit into next year. It's a bit harder to do with really little ones who seem to go through growth spurts every other month or so. 

mallowcup17
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM

thats great!

liveforever
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Quoting artistic_kitty:

Way to go! It's great picking up those deals when you have agood handle on what your child might fit into next year. It's a bit harder to do with really little ones who seem to go through growth spurts every other month or so. 

I just started being able to do this with her. When she was younger I could never guess what size shed be the next year.

heatherlynn1022
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Awesome bargains! The only bad thing about bargains is that you want to shop more LOL

nomadbrat83
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I bought oldest dd who is 5 the same hula shirt last week lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Those are some great deals!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Oh okay, that makes sense. Yeah I'm hoping once we get a better idea of what size she'll be, we can start shopping ahead to save money. We got a lot of hand me downs though, so she does have some clothes for when she reaches 12m. We just need to get there lol. She's so long so the fit is kind of weird

Quoting liveforever:

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I didnt do it much when dd was small. Her growth spurts were crazy and shed grow out of things so fast! Shes 6 now so shes finally evened out enough where I know just to buy a size up from what shes at now.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)