Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugal Things You Did This Week 8/10

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:41 PM
  • 31 Replies

Post your frugal brags this week here!  :-)

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I don't have a brag, more like a confession.  I wasn't very frugal this week.  In fact, on Monday I made a special trip to the grocery store for something for dinner and then ended up going out to eat.  *Hangs head in shame*

I'm hoping for some inspiration from you awesome frugal ladies to get me back on track!  :-)

ruby_jewel_04
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:27 PM
I need a hair cut. But I'm broke. So I'm trading a friend that used to work as a stylist a hair cut for some crocheted stuff from my stash that I've made. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

I need a hair cut. But I'm broke. So I'm trading a friend that used to work as a stylist a hair cut for some crocheted stuff from my stash that I've made. :)

Bartering!  I love it!  I've thought that would be a good thing to get into.

matreshka
by Valerie on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I think more people should barter, that's great!

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

matreshka
by Valerie on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Kept our groceries to $50.

MandiFuego
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM

it's not really "frugal" but I had a garage sale. ( got rained out, only made 2 bucks) but I sold conditioner that I paid .25 cents for ( HUGE bottles that were on clearance) for .50 each.

I also "saved" a bit of money because this girl decided she was going to threaten me with a civil suit instead of sticking to our payment plan, So, I'm not giving her a dime until everything is settled, and then I'm going to throw a crap load of exemptions at her that say I don't have to pay her anyway....gotta love those law classes I took coming in handy now.

lyrick24
by Melissa on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:59 AM

we didnt eat out at all. ate mealess meals and breakfast for supper. cut dh's hair myself. got a free phone on my cell plan.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Save a ton on Senior pictures... because DD 17 decided she didn't like the place the school picked so we just had the free year book picture done and are going to have a friend of a friend do DD's .... she will take all the picks & give us the disk for 50$ and we just have to print them ourselves ... SCORE !!!!!

lyngerdam
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Had to get a shower gift for my son's fiance. Wanted to get the Kitchenaid stand mixer. Macy's had the stripped down small tilt head for $219.00. We went to the outlet and got the bigger tilt head for $229 plus a $30 rebate. It's reconditioned but guaranteed like new so, I think it's a great tool for her.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I made homemade cookies and baked my nieces birthday cake instead of buying premade stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)