Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

baking question

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM
  • 36 Replies

I have never been much of a baker, but now I am trying my hand at it since I am now a SAHM.  My first Question is if a recipe calls for all purpose flour can I use self rising and leave out the baking soda and salt?  I am tryin to lower our grocery bill and the Hubs loves his snacks and I was goin to try to do homemade instead of store bought and was wanting some tips thanks.  any help would be grateful.

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM
No. You need the salt and baking soda to have the correct reaction Witt he ingredients. I have a degree in baking and pastry and if you wanna send me the recipie I can maybe give you some subs that will save you money
Tannersmom2010
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Thanks right now I am working on cookies.  LOL I know that is small but I am terrible at bakiing.  I need a package of sugar cookies tonight and didnt burn them LOL YAY for me.  If you have any beginnner recipe that would be great

Hanab818
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Quoting Tannersmom2010:

Thanks right now I am working on cookies.  LOL I know that is small but I am terrible at bakiing.  I need a package of sugar cookies tonight and didnt burn them LOL YAY for me.  If you have any beginnner recipe that would be great

For what sugar cookies?
jteffs
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Why not just buy all purpose flour? I bake weekly and never use self rising flour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tannersmom2010
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM

for what ever really that is simple

Tannersmom2010
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I had self rising on hand already

Hanab818
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Quoting Tannersmom2010:

I will type up a couple of mine and dh's favs tomorrow when I can get on a actual computer.
Tannersmom2010
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting Tannersmom2010:

I will type up a couple of mine and dh's favs tomorrow when I can get on a actual computer.

THANKS!!!

a_and_j_momma
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM

No, do not sub

Rockabye
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Oohh the best peanut butter cookies 1 c pb. 1 c sugar. 1 egg. Mix. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8 min.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)