Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Senior Year

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM
  • 12 Replies

Cost so much!!!! Senior pictures, sports pictures, jacket, probably a ring(he is not sure yet) and I am sure there will be more! Lets screw the parents over one last year! LOL. I love him and will make his year good.

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rwebb11
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this
If he is going to go to college I would suggest waiting on the ring until you can get him a college ring. They are about the same price and will mean more than a high school ring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM
My son is a Sr. I couldn't agree more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Congrats on having a senior!

Does he have to have all those things?  Maybe he'd rather have the money for college or something else. 

You can get class rings at Walmart for less than Josten's.

Shop around for photographers.  Most new/amateur photographers will give a discount just to get their name out there.

Mom2NandJ
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I totally understand. Did that with my oldest in 2011. Don't forget homecoming and prom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:52 AM
I think most are a want but it is also memories. With my son we had to go to one studio for Sr portraits. At least for year book pic... just that was a 20.00 sitting fee without any other poses. I am going to get other pics done somewhere else through.
Class rings you can get almost anywhere now so I couldn't agree more with that idea.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Congrats on having a senior!

Does he have to have all those things?  Maybe he'd rather have the money for college or something else. 

You can get class rings at Walmart for less than Josten's.

Shop around for photographers.  Most new/amateur photographers will give a discount just to get their name out there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveLiz
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Looking around for pictures now. He wants to be in his cap and gown and with his  oranges and black tassel. Ring I can get at wal mart, but like I said he doesn't know if he wants one. Jacket is a must because he is in football(the only one) and he is proud of himself and we want to do that for him, with his school and number, it is a pride thing and I will not take that from him. Yearbook is a must too. Prom and homecoming is not an expensive thing here where we live.

matreshka
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Totally agree.

Quoting rwebb11:

If he is going to go to college I would suggest waiting on the ring until you can get him a college ring. They are about the same price and will mean more than a high school ring.

LoveLiz
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Not going to college

AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Not there yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM

aww...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)