Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

It's Be An Angel Day: Frugal Ways to Be an Angel - How are you an angel (even a frugal one)?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's Be An Angel Day: Frugal Ways to Be an Angel
Posted by HeatherNYC

Today, according to Daysoftheyear.com, is Be an Angel Day. Now, I don't know about you, but I do not fit in Kiddo's fairy wings, so donning wings and a halo may be a stretch. But there are some ways we can be an angel...and actually not cost you much money to spread some happiness, which as we all know is priceless.

Donate blood - Contact the American Red Cross or your hospital to find out when you can give blood.

Bake and bring - Break out that cookie dough or muffin tin. Bake a batch of yummies and drop it at the local firehouse or your pediatrician's office.

Write something that helps - It can be a mass email to church members with a recipe that saves folks money or a scoop on a great hidden restaurant gem in your neighborhood for the PTA newsletter, pass along knowledge and life hints.

Give your time - Does the older lady in your building want to chat? How about that 12-year-old girl next door who always comes over when you are weeding? Take time to talk and perhaps more importantly, listen.

Smile - Free and fantastic, a smile goes a long way. For that checkout lady who has six folks behind you to deal with or maybe that person you just pass in the parking lot, lift the edges of your mouth and spread some joy.

How are you an angel (even a frugal one)?

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM

aww...what nice things to do

MaskedMomma
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I don't need a designated day to preform random acts of kindness, but it is sweet that they came up with a day to remind people to BE NICE.

MaskedMomma
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I'm 9months pregnant and on bedrest.So I havn't been able to get out and go do as many nice things as usual.

but....

lets see...

today...

I made a post about how long food is good for- that will save people money!  I've offered words of encouragment to other mommas on CM today too. Oh and I posted a comment on a yahoo article with a few of my favorite making your food stretch ideas.

Grandpa unexpectadly stopped by with a big bag of fresh peaches so I made up 2 peach cobblers, one for us, and one to give to him and grandma when they stop over again.

SO took the oldest to the orintation for kindergarden, left a few mins ago, and I'm going to have dinner ready for them when they get home, so he doesn't have to cook dinner tonight to, which is nice cause it gives him a break from doing so....I'm on bedrest and know I shouldn't be doing anything...but I tend to break the rules when he has to leave cause I'm stubborn lol.

shadenn766
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:09 PM

i leave the quarter in the shopping cart for the next shopper...

i always leave loose change when i use the self check-out at the grocery store

matreshka
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to help people struggling in the Depression Support Center Group here on CM

I donate to Children of Chernobyl.

I donate groceries when the post office does their annual drive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)