Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Couponing fail!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:27 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm trying to get back on track Couponing but I'm so far behind with cutting and sorting! I haven't done a coupon trip in months and my house (and wallet) show it! Between the kids and work and life in general it has been getting g over looked for way too long! Ugh guess its time to get clipping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Understandable!  Don't beat yourself up over it.

gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I don't get papers anymore, I have slacked off since being pregnant. Sometimes I happen to be at a house on Sunday that will hand me their coupons, but I don't buy them. I do try to look at my savings site to see who has what on sale. If they happen to have a printable I print that and just live off the sales and stock up on that. Things like meat RARELY have coupons anyway.

And If you are short on time, stop clipping them. Put them in an accordian folder by date and just cut as needed. Savings sites are really good at telling you what week to look for the coupon in and RP or SS.

After a while couponing get tiresome and you need a break. But living off sales and moderate stocking up is a good middle ground. I have only purchased 2ltrs for 1.25 once in the last year. We ran out completely of hubbys diet yucky pepper. This week they are on sale for 99 cent again.

TassellsMark
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I know the feeling including this week I have 3 weeks worth of coupons to go thru and cut..agh the horror

TonyaO
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I just cut about a months worth. I even had a few inserts that had mostly expired. I feel bad when I see that knowing I have bought products that I could've used coupons for!

Quoting TassellsMark:

I know the feeling including this week I have 3 weeks worth of coupons to go thru and cut..agh the horror

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I understand completely how you feel I get so overwhelmed sometimes even with my binder system.

To cut it down buy one of those paper cutters I forget the correct name if you have multiple coupons of the same kind to clip. Also I usally put all my clipped coupons in categorized envelopes if im short on time then sort them out later on when I have more time to spare.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I feel the same way. I can't have the paper delivered to me and buying at the store often means missing out on inserts. It sucks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaO
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM
I know about the missing inserts! I always. I always check for them before I buy them. Here I can get Sundays paper late Saturday night so that helps cut down on missing inserts since not
As many people have gone
Through and taken them out.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I feel the same way. I can't have the paper delivered to me and buying at the store often means missing out on inserts. It sucks!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I always went through them to and every single one was missing at least one insert. Rumor has it they only print a certain amount and those with subscriptions get first dibs and the rest just get distributed

Quoting TonyaO:

I know about the missing inserts! I always. I always check for them before I buy them. Here I can get Sundays paper late Saturday night so that helps cut down on missing inserts since not

As many people have gone

Through and taken them out.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaO
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Hmmm I have never heard that. I have had clerks tell me people try to steal the inserts. I decided to
Follow pp posters tips. I am cutting all my coupons and putting them in the sheet protector pages for
Each category on my binder. I will put them in the baseball card
Pages later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatinbriansmom
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

This happened a lot when I purchased newspapers at the grocery store. Now I get them at 7 eleven and they are very rarely missing inserts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)