Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I have a 1 yr old and another baby due in December. I coupon shop and already have a small stock pile of personal hygeine and household products. My goal is to have at least a 3 month supply of these things so we won't be quite so tight on money after the baby is born.. Plus, it'll save me some trips to town :)

Here's what I have (or am close to having) a 3 month supply of so far:
Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Bar Soap, Deodorant, Razors, Shaving Cream, Feminine products, Toothpaste, Floss, Dish detergent, Laundry detergent, Fabric Softener, Hand Soap, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Diapers for my 1 yr old, Wipes for both, and Baby wash. 

Can you think of anything else that I might be forgetting? This might sound crazy to some, but I just want to relax and be stress free as much as possible after the baby is born. I had to go back to work immediately after DS1 was born and I don't want that stress this time around.

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Replies (11-19):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

a few minor things:  cotton balls, vitamins, pain reliever for adults and infants, Lysol (thinking it'll be cold & flu season), cough meds....just check your medicine cabinet over.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Maybe some freezer meals for when you and baby first return home.

always a great idea!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Quoting momw2teens522:

That is great thinking head about getting products. Nice not to have to worry about those.How about. Stocking up on some Kleenex? We always seem to need some and all out!

Kleenex....we're always running out!

mommychelle01
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I didn't want to stock up for the newborn since I won't know how much of what size to buy.. Plus, I'm counting on getting a good bit at the baby shower. So I'll wait until the baby is born and stock up a little here and there.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Diapers for the newborn?

momw2teens522
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Dear. Mom. I think our Kleenex case is the same now no extra kleenex. Have a nice holiday.My hubby and son have allergies so they use the most!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Christmas gifts & wrapping paper!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katetheredhead
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:50 PM

q- tips, stain stick or remover...I used tons when we had newborns...lol....napkins?

mommychelle01
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I'm proud to say that I already have a good chunk of my Christmas shopping done and am buying gifts as I see good deals come up :)

Quoting lillybug222:

Christmas gifts & wrapping paper!

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Cloth diapers, mama pads, freeze meals, make convenience foods before baby & freeze. Also you might stock up on shaving cream.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)