Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

over ripe bananas!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
So, last week dd and I made banana bread. Well she asked my grandma for more bananas so that we could make more bread, she knew my grandma was coming to visit and always brings her something, lol.

I am getting nowhere searching the web for ideas, so hopefully I can get some, besides the usual bread/muffin recipes.

Thanks in advance!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sleepymommy87
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have a recipe but my mom used to make bread pudding with either leftover banana bread or she'd.use regular bread and mix the bananas with the egg mixture that you pour over the bread before you bake it. Or throw them in smoothies, mix them in pudding, freeze them and make kid popscicles/baby treats, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Look for a recipe for chunky monkey muffins! Bananas, choc chips, nuts...YUM! I'd share my recipe but we eat grain-free and I use almond or coconut flour. I doubt you'd have them on hand.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Freeze the bananas and use them in smoothies
fireflymcl
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

banana nut pancakes!

Jlu88
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM
You'd be right about that. I'm going to try that out. Sounds yummy and we gobbled up the bread we made last week that we added white choc chips to.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Look for a recipe for chunky monkey muffins! Bananas, choc chips, nuts...YUM! I'd share my recipe but we eat grain-free and I use almond or coconut flour. I doubt you'd have them on hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaO
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Check out pinterest! They have some really yummy looking recipes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funkycat
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I cut up overripe bananas and freeze them on a cookie sheet and store them in a zip lock freezer bag. I use them for my yogurt fruit protien powder morning smoothies. I also do this with leftover mellons and apples when there is not enough left for a serving. So when I use the frozen fruit I cut back on the ice.

campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I make banana nut muffins with my over ripe bananas. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)