Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

extreme couponing

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 33 Replies
Im new here and was wondering if any of you ladies are an extreme couponer, you know go to the store and get hundreds of dollars of food n things for little to nothin at all? If so... How does it work, how do you do it? Could you help me? I might not be the smartest but ill eventually get the hang of it... Id really aopreciate it, we have a family of 5 and have 200 bucks a month for groceries, house hold items, sometimes a little more (not much) depending on dh paychecks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Not too many of us extreme coupon because the stuff on TV is fabricated. But you can save money by ad matching your coupons, planning your meals around sales, and buy store brand when cheaper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I don't do it because of 2 things, 1 we could move any moment and 2. I don't have that much space.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momrocks2000
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM
3 moms liked this

Extreme Couponging is false, just like any other reality show on television.  Its all rigged...the supermarkets are 'in on it' to get their name out there, the couponers are buying coupons off the net or getting SmartSource/RedPlum/Procter & Gamble/General Mills coupon inserts from a newspaper outlet (distributor) under the radar or purchasing legally from a coupon seller.  They don't show how much they (the Extreme Couponers) are paying for these coupons, not placing this COST in the cost of their groceries.   I am a advid couponer...i know all the legal ways to coupon.  Many of my friendly and honest coupon bloggers out there, have been approached by Extreme Coupon show...and they TURNED it down because it shows a bad side of couponing....lots of fraud and abuse.  I do save lots of money, legally.  I do NOT clear shelves , nor do I stockpile like a hoarder either.  I buy what I can use for my family.   Another thing EC are doing is using the wrong/incorrect coupon for the smaller product or incorrect product which is wrong,,, one woman was actutally doing this at Target (I saw the video)...she was using P&G teethwhitening strips coupon for $7.00 and purchasing paper toweling.  She had the guts to put it on Utube as one of her training videos.  She was SLAMMED by us honest couponers out there.  I am appauled that TLC puts this stuff out there....I do not watch.  Dishonest tv.  This EC lady was even interviewed by major tv outlets as a great  couponer, needlessly to say...we saw her deceptive practices.  Some grocery stores in her area, 'banded her' from shopping at their stores.  Lots of honest couponers contacted her local stores, and vented.  Good for them.  Yes, I do get free items, but with lots of hard work, and dedication.    I save approximately 60 to 70% on household products/beauty/paper products weekly.  I do not save that much on groceries.  What I save on non-food items, I use on my food budget. 

l.e.v
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Wow that's not cool at all I must admit I was dooped I really thought it was real! But if anyone could still give me some tips on how to use them and ways to save some money on whatever so we can get more groceries that would be an awesome help

Quoting momrocks2000:

Extreme Couponging is false, just like any other reality show on television.  Its all rigged...the supermarkets are 'in on it' to get their name out there, the couponers are buying coupons off the net or getting SmartSource/RedPlum/Procter & Gamble/General Mills coupon inserts from a newspaper outlet (distributor) under the radar or purchasing legally from a coupon seller.  They don't show how much they (the Extreme Couponers) are paying for these coupons, not placing this COST in the cost of their groceries.   I am a advid couponer...i know all the legal ways to coupon.  Many of my friendly and honest coupon bloggers out there, have been approached by Extreme Coupon show...and they TURNED it down because it shows a bad side of couponing....lots of fraud and abuse.  I do save lots of money, legally.  I do NOT clear shelves , nor do I stockpile like a hoarder either.  I buy what I can use for my family.   Another thing EC are doing is using the wrong/incorrect coupon for the smaller product or incorrect product which is wrong,,, one woman was actutally doing this at Target (I saw the video)...she was using P&G teethwhitening strips coupon for $7.00 and purchasing paper toweling.  She had the guts to put it on Utube as one of her training videos.  She was SLAMMED by us honest couponers out there.  I am appauled that TLC puts this stuff out there....I do not watch.  Dishonest tv.  This EC lady was even interviewed by major tv outlets as a great  couponer, needlessly to say...we saw her deceptive practices.  Some grocery stores in her area, 'banded her' from shopping at their stores.  Lots of honest couponers contacted her local stores, and vented.  Good for them.  Yes, I do get free items, but with lots of hard work, and dedication.    I save approximately 60 to 70% on household products/beauty/paper products weekly.  I do not save that much on groceries.  What I save on non-food items, I use on my food budget. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I know who you are talking about and she's still around and not banned. Once everything died down they let her back in and she was found innocent, no charges were filed.

Quoting momrocks2000:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM

A Lot of it is FAKE, I on the average get 65% discount, but once with Rite Aid video coupons, well rewards points and buying on clearance got 95% off. 

Here is the site the pp was referring to that people got all irate over, https://www.facebook.com/JaimeKirlewCouponing

Quoting l.e.v:

Wow that's not cool at all I must admit I was dooped I really thought it was real! But if anyone could still give me some tips on how to use them and ways to save some money on whatever so we can get more groceries that would be an awesome help

Quoting momrocks2000:

kaitybird
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

WE do not extreme coupon but we do save a good bit of money when things are on sale and we have coupons for the things we are going to need.  You have to start small and work your way up.  It takes time and patience.  You will make mistakes, but you learn and move on.  :)  Shop around the sales, plan your menu around the sales and what you will eat.  Don't buy just because you have a coupon.  That was my downfall when we really got in to it.  Do not be afraid of clearance items like meat, dairy and a other things.  Meat freezes well, and dairy depending on when it is going to expire.  If the stores in your area double coupons at all then that is when you should shop.  Like this week at Albertson's every coupon I think is worth $1.00 so that is a good time to shop.  

I do not have cable so I have never watched the shows.  

l.e.v
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Are to from ut? I used to love albertsons but I live in pa now and the closest store ti us is walmart, that's where we shop .... Does any of those things apply at walmart?

Quoting kaitybird:

WE do not extreme coupon but we do save a good bit of money when things are on sale and we have coupons for the things we are going to need.  You have to start small and work your way up.  It takes time and patience.  You will make mistakes, but you learn and move on.  :)  Shop around the sales, plan your menu around the sales and what you will eat.  Don't buy just because you have a coupon.  That was my downfall when we really got in to it.  Do not be afraid of clearance items like meat, dairy and a other things.  Meat freezes well, and dairy depending on when it is going to expire.  If the stores in your area double coupons at all then that is when you should shop.  Like this week at Albertson's every coupon I think is worth $1.00 so that is a good time to shop.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Nope we live in the heart of where Albertson's was started!  Idaho.  Walmart does NOT double, but it does match prices.  I would look around for other stores in PA depending on where you live!  

Quoting l.e.v:

Are to from ut? I used to love albertsons but I live in pa now and the closest store ti us is walmart, that's where we shop .... Does any of those things apply at walmart?

Quoting kaitybird:

l.e.v
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry do get mad but..... The ads from like the news paper? Just take all the ads with me? I'm really sorry, Im not the smartest person in the world when it comes to stuff like this
Sorry again

Quoting kaitybird:

Nope we live in the heart of where Albertson's was started!  Idaho.  Walmart does NOT double, but it does match prices.  I would look around for other stores in PA depending on where you live!  

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting kaitybird:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)