Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Leftovers for dinner, need ideas!

Posted by   + Show Post
Alright so I cooked chicken in the crockpot and had lots of leftover, which I shredded. Also have leftover white gravy and one large biscuit... I know there's a meal to be made here... Any suggestions? Only need enough to feed me and my niece.
Thank you!
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Replies (11-13):
hhhanna
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Ummm, too bad about not liking chicken salad, I've got a DYNOMITE recipe for chicken salad.  We usually do a rotisserie chicken (we have our own ronco showtime) and after the excellent initial meal we make chicken salad with the leftovers.  Okay, gotta stop now, I'm getting hungry just posting this ... hmmm, wonder if we have a whole chicken in the freezer.

Quoting beckyj06:

We are picky, do not like chicken salad lol! Wanted to try chicken tacos but I just had a wisdom tooth taken out and scared to eat taco shells! This also leaves out rice which we eat with everything :( don't have any tortillas either :(

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I would make chicken enchiladas with it.

beckyj06
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Feel free to share your recipes! I have no idea how to make enchiladas, beef chicken or otherwise! A good recipe to make from leftovers or from scratch would be very helpful!
As for the chicken salad, share it as well! I'm sure others would enjoy it. I've never liked chicken, potato, tuna, ham or any of those salads ( or even worse, deviled eggs YUCK!) and I'm a country girl! To me, a sald is lettuce and many veggies! I dot even like dressing lol I'm just not a condiment person :) I do like spices tho!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN