Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Clothes... (For Kids)

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Some friends and I have gotten together to make clothes...  I concentrate on the applique, embroidery, and boy things.... They are working on girl stuff. 

Our site is http://lilgypsyboutique.com and the store is http://lilgypsyboutique.storenvy.com/

work in progress.  We just started.  I have three boys... My friends have 2 girls and a boy each so I have no clue about the styles for girls, but luckily they know that part.... To me they look kind of crazy... :)  My son is more into batman though.  What do you all think?

Kristopher and Konnor

by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bellaamore
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Super cute!
bellaamore
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Just checked the site... Thats pretty expensive. I love them, but i wouldnt pay hat.
chinosruca
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:03 PM
I would NEVER pay those prices for kids clothes. Even when I wasn't on a budget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bekahsue5
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I think they're really cute - but I can sew and I wouldn't pay the prices you're asking, I'd just make them myself. The only thing I would change is to make your fall outfits with sleeves- it's getting chilly.

CJsMommy622
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I think those are really cute! And while some may think the prices are high, it's a boutique shop and I find the prices to be very similar to what I've found at other boutiques.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kquad
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Thank you all, and I have to say that I personally wouldn't pay too much for girl clothes either, but I'm a goodwill type of person.  I found an american girl dress the other day at Goodwill so I got it for a friend. 

I have a hard time guaging what's a good price (and style) on the girl things since my house is all boy and super geeky.  I do think a couple of the girls sets are cute. Especially the turkey one, but just can't get used to stripes with dots and those big flower prints. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)