Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Affording to be a SAHM

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi I'm new here and I need advice on this subject. I am a SAHM who is struggling financially. I am on Food Stamps and I am not eligable for anything else. Not medicaid, cash assistance, head start, ect. I am married and my husband works making 22,000 a year and also pay 320 a month in child support to another child he had 8 years ago. We pay only 450 a month for rent, 210 for electric, 20-40 for gas, and 150 for cable/phone/internet. My mother helps us out with clothes and toiletries but she can hardly afford it. She is almost 70 years old and she is not well enough watch our 4 year old son if I get a job. I'm tired of burdening her and the system taking food stamps. I live in a small town far away from the rest of our family and friends so no one else can help with watching our son. I have been applying for jobs since our son was 3mo. Even when I lived in vegas and had connections I did not get hired. I have not gotten hired here in OH either. My husband only comes home with 550 at the most every two weeks after taxes and child support. My husband has been looking for other jobs that pay more but can't find any. I really don't know what to do except go to college but I can't afford that either. What would you do?

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (41-41):
JLah
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Wow some of your bills are high. I would ckeck there and fix what you can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)