Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Where are the coupons for staple groceries

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 25 Replies

I shop discount meat when its availible, but so does everyone else it seems.  Milk is skyrocketing.  Where are the discouts, sales and coupons for items like these.  We couldn't afford a CSA this year :(

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I never find any either, so don't feel too bad.
rachel_2010
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I never use coupons, I only ever see them for junk food, or cleaning products that are still cheaper to make.  The odd time there is one for dog food or the peanut butter we buy.  But that is it!

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I mostly find coupons for things I don't need or use.

chrissysnow22
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I use almond milk so I always find them. Also c&h sugar usually has them in the weekly paper. For meat sales I occasionally get a few from foster farms otherwise I wait for the store sales or the coupons that are on the actual package
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I always buy double when they are on sale. I know coupons.com had cheese and milk coupons a couple weeks ago. They go fast.and you have to check daily for the deals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JohnnyCakes
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I don't see a lot of coupons for staples unless it's store coupons/flyers, and even then, store brand or off brand is usually a better deal. Do you have a Kwik Trip, or similar near you? 

nmaxwell816
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I found milk yo be the cheapest at local drug stores. Walgreens usually hasnitnfor $2.79 a gallon. Grocery stores.price milk at $3.99 a gallon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:20 AM
I occasionally find coupons for cow's milk. I, myself, drink almond milk
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:27 AM
I'm always finding coupons for milk, cheese, produce. They are there:) usually it is the store's coupon. A lot of times, I'll find coupons like, buy 2 lbs of meat, get a free gallon of milk or something like that.
I agree withnmaxwell816, the drug stores like CVS and Walgreens often have the cheapest milk and eggs. This week, I think CVS has milk for $2.79.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Never heard of that store, we basically have the big box chains or specialty stores. Nothing in the middle.

Quoting JohnnyCakes:

I don't see a lot of coupons for staples unless it's store coupons/flyers, and even then, store brand or off brand is usually a better deal. Do you have a Kwik Trip, or similar near you? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)