Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where are the coupons for staple groceries

Posted by   + Show Post

I shop discount meat when its availible, but so does everyone else it seems.  Milk is skyrocketing.  Where are the discouts, sales and coupons for items like these.  We couldn't afford a CSA this year :(

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Replies (21-25):
babynurse454
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
I pay 1.97 a gallon for milk, without coupons. Our town is pretty upscale and expensive except groceries seem to be the only thing that isn't sky rocketing. Thank goodness for that. I do use coupons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foxfireblue
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Aldi's has milk for 2.25 a gallon

foxfireblue
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM

walmarts closer to 4-5

romalove
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I am blessed to live near an Acme, a Shop Rite, a Pathmark and a Shop and Stop, all within five minutes of my house.  I find each of them good for different things.  Acme almost always has meat on sale, they have 4 for $19.99 sales where there are meats set aside (usually ground beef, boneless chicken breast, Italian sausage, sometimes whole chickens, sometimes chicken parts, sometimes other specialty foods) and no matter the price on the sticker, they ring up at $19.99 for four packages and you can mix and match.  They also take overbought meat and put coupons right on the package, it isn't out of date, just cheaper to get rid of it.  Acme has terrible produce, so I don't buy it there.  Shop Rite has better and cheaper produce.  Shop and Stop is too expensive except when they send me coupons for $5 off a $15 shopping trip, which is once a week, and I go in and buy whatever is on sale that I need, sometimes produce, sometimes milk and cheese, and take the $5 off.

To be honest, I am not frugal about produce and generally go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for it.  I am willing to pay for good produce.

kaitybird
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM

We live in Idaho so we are lucky and get to print milk and cheese coupons.  Eggs aren't too bad either.  You have to look and depending on what you need it is out there.  Albertson's has the best deals on meats especially when they mark them down.  We do a lot of shopping online now for the staples, as we are in the process of cutting out all the processed stuff!  Milk in our area is only like 2.39 a gallon.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)