Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Groupon Payments to make using Groupon easier.

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 9 Replies

Introducing Groupon Payments

In the past, our merchant partners have often told us that their traditional payment systems are expensive and cumbersome–so we stepped up to the plate and developed our own payments service guaranteed to be the simplest and lowest cost option for Groupon merchants to accept credit cards. Today we’re announcing the launch of Groupon Payments, the latest addition to our extensive suite of merchant products and services.

After a successful pilot in the San Francisco Bay area, Groupon Payments is now available to all Groupon merchants in the U.S.! Built into the latest version of the Groupon Merchants app for the iPhone and iPod Touch, Groupon Payments facilitates credit card transactions for any Groupon merchant. And since the service is already built into the app, existing Groupon merchants can enroll quickly and smoothly.

Groupon Payments is perfect for any business whether it’s a spa, deli, bar, salon or restaurant. In addition to slashing transaction fees, Groupon Payments offers services that most of the traditional processors don’t. Rather than waiting the typical two or three days for credit card payments to hit an account, Groupon Payments users get paid overnight. It’s never been easier to calculate bill totals, process refunds, redeem Groupon vouchers, email receipts and most importantly, save money!

With the online Groupon Payments Center, business owners can view a live transaction history, check daily sales reports, track deposits to an account and analyze revenue trends. Groupon provides a sturdy audio jack card-swiping device free of charge – merchants can opt for a high-volume case-based reader if they need it. Plus, if there is ever a need to reach us, we’ve put together a dedicated Groupon Payments support team available by phone and email 7-days a week to answer any and all questions.

We’re confident Groupon Payments will make for a better experience between customers and employees, make merchants lives easier with the aggressively competitive rates and extensive features we’re offering, and the operating system for local commerce is becoming an exciting reality.

For more information, please check out www.GrouponWorks.com/Payments. Questions? Feedback? We’d love to get your thoughts below.

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I'm pretty leery of Groupon after being charged over $600 in fraudulent charges through them last week.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM

TFS 

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I haven't tried it yet. 

chrissysnow22
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Really?! How did that happen.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I'm pretty leery of Groupon after being charged over $600 in fraudulent charges through them last week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM

That's what I would like to know! 

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Really?! How did that happen.

Quoting michiganmom116:

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Whoa! How did that happen? I never used groupn before since I don't live in a big city and most of the offers don't apply to me or come through at the last minute.

Quoting michiganmom116:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I didn't even have a Groupon account for the same reasons!  I was checking my bank account last Friday as I was doing my online banking, and I noticed a $609.50 charge from Groupon. Then the bank's system crashed and I couldn't get in to the bank until Monday to submit a fraudulent charges complaint.  It has been taken care of, but I'm VERY leery now.

Quoting matreshka:

Whoa! How did that happen? I never used groupn before since I don't live in a big city and most of the offers don't apply to me or come through at the last minute.

Quoting michiganmom116:

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM

That is frightening. I have had double charges and things like that no where near 600 bucks, that were handled quickly.  I am glad they were able to take care of it for you.  Now I am definitely weary of groupon.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I didn't even have a Groupon account for the same reasons!  I was checking my bank account last Friday as I was doing my online banking, and I noticed a $609.50 charge from Groupon. Then the bank's system crashed and I couldn't get in to the bank until Monday to submit a fraudulent charges complaint.  It has been taken care of, but I'm VERY leery now.

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting michiganmom116:

chrissysnow22
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM
That's crazy!!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)