Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Halloween Candy

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 25 Replies

Do you pass out candy? If so do you get the good stuff or the cheap stuff? When I was a kid most of the real cheap halloween candy  would get thrown away. We just did NOT like it, and neither do my kids. So even though its cheaper, I want to get stuff I know the kids will eat. And of course I will eat if we have leftovers. :-)  So I try to get some average priced candy that most people will eat.

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweetie1216
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I pass out candy every year, My son isn't ready for trick or treating yet.. I personally believe if a child can't say trick or treat, they shouldn't be going.. I see people bring babies or kids 1 and 2 who can't even talk, so the parents getting all the candy..

I make goodie bags every year.. Not even sure about this year, I had over 50 goodie bags last year and only got 5-10 kids in my neighborhood.. Ughh I had candy left for months..

kabrooks
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:12 PM

We just usually get the childs play bag of mixed candy...unless I get really good coupons for candy...but my son is 4 and really into trick or treating so we dont hand out much.

Dakee
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM

We don't hand it out as we have little ones we take out.  When I did I got lollipops, and chocolate...the good stuff.  The cheap stuff is hard, and yucky...most of it.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I love handing out candy but right now we live in an apartment.  I get dressed up and have a good time with it. I may go to my parents so I can do it since they live in a neighborhoos with kids.  I like getting the mixed bags of stuff.

Pazamia
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I do pass out candy every Halloween.  How could I not, poor kids just want to have fun and get treats.  I tend to buy candy that my kids or I enjoy, just in case there is leftovers.

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:23 PM

yes i'll pass stuff out. Not sure what its going to be yet.

I was at target and saw chocolate covered pretzels and butterfinger covered pretzels. They were kind of spendy but they looked yummy! We don't get many kids here so we'd get the leftovers  :)

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Nope, I don't pass out candy.  We live in a rural area and don't have kids stopping in.  Even if we did, I don't think I'd hand out candy (just 'cuz I'm a health snob  LOL actually, I have no willpower and there's no way the candy would last through the night)  I'd probably hand out halloween themed pencils or something like that.

DOllfACE-
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Cheap jumbo bag from dollar tree or big lots. I'm a grumpy pregnant person and 5 yrs ago when I just had DS 2 wks before Halloween, I was recovering from a c section and moody I actually have told kids that complain I don't have good candy beggers can't be choicers LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3cutiebugs
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I take my kids out, we don't pass out candy. Plus, there isn't a whole lot of kids in my neighborhood, my next door neighbors said last year they only had 4 kids knock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spcmom
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this
We dont do Halloween. We spend the evening making donuts together and watching movies! The day AFTER, i let each one of my kids pick out a bag of their choice...... At 50 percent off!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN