Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
How do YOU cook your whole chicken?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (31-37):
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM

at 10pm at night its still not done?

Quoting Diamondblue1:

We are having whole chicken tonite actually hubby was going to put it on the grill but it's too hot out here so he's baking it with potatoes and veggies i think can't wait til it's done i'm hungry lol

Feral.Woman
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:45 AM

I found a recipe called "Sticky Chicken" years ago and its become a favorite. It tastes just like a rotesserie chicken. 

Blessings

Kat

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I am not there yet, just starting to eat meat again I cook breasts.  I may try a crockpot recipe for fall though with root vegggies.

specialwingz
by Corey on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I either roast it or put it on our rotisserie.  Either way, it's rubbed down with yummy spices, depending on my mood.

Diamondblue1
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM
We got a late start on it it didn't take that long to cook though he was preparing it when i was typing so it wasn't in the oven yet
katetheredhead
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

How do YOU cook your whole

I often boil it with salted water for a few hours until the skin is falling off...throw in a celery, onion, carrot and an old parmesan rind while it cooks, then you have stock ready made. After the chikcen cools, I pull it and make a chicken pie, chicken salad, throw it over a green salad, toss w peppers and olive oil and spices, throw it over some pasta and add in artichoke hearts...you got a great deal, good for you!

KylersMom8-16-7
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Lemon, garlic, salt, pepper, and butter under the skin, so good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)