Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I know this girl, she's a sahm. One of those, we know the same people kind of things so we talk and we're nice. She seems bit...competitive with me, but whatever.

So I told her today how I'm craving junk food all the time like Tokyo Joe's. She says 'oh that's not junk food!'. So I told her to me, anything I don't cook myself is junk food. We don't eat out, nor do I buy much of anything processed. She then tells me that she doesn't cook home cooked meals...ever. They eat TV dinners for every meal because its 'cheaper and my husband is a big guy so he eats all the time and buying ingredients doesn't make sense'

WOW. We are from two totally different worlds. I told her the sodium content in that is no good and if he needs to eat all the time he should eat more filling foods, real food. But of course I could sense her irritation so I quickly dropped it. But damn!!!!'Her poor kiddo =/

Just a vent or something, being kinda irritable myself :)

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (51-52):
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I kind of have to agree. My mom was a working, single mom for years and we never ate out of a microwave. Never even owned one. She cooked simple, healthy meals and taught me how when I got older.

Quoting specialwingz:

She most likely doesn't know how.  I am amazed at the number of younger women that do not know how to plan and cook meals these days.  A lot of the ones I talk to just say their mothers worked full-time, so they never learned.  Sad, really.  I worked full-time and all my kids know how to clean house and plan and cook meals as well as shop for it all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twistandshout
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM

That's ok cause some people just don't get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)