Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

DIY Christmas

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:44 AM
  • 45 Replies

What are some past or present DIY gifts you will be giving or have gave? 

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HippieMomma86
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I've given hand made bird houses before. I just started canning so I'm thinking of doing that for christmas. To keep things inexpensive, we're also going to do Restaurant.com for some people because through a reward program at my fiance's job, he can get $25 ones for $8.

amerslynn
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I am going to be making the little girls in my life, baby carriers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

My gifts aren't always DIY but what I have made are really nice frames using a variety of paper mod podge on and other little baubles from the draft store with a pic of the kids for the grandparents.

I like to get cheap ornaments and paint them myself, with abstract designs, Irish designs and holiday themes.

I also make gift sets.  I find things on sale,like for my mom a bath bomb, a matching soap and some relaxing tea from the grocery store and use a basket I already have or get from Salvation army to put it together.

matreshka
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM

thats's great! when I was pregnant I found so many patterns and how-tos online.  The fleece ones look the easiest.

Quoting amerslynn:

I am going to be making the little girls in my life, baby carriers.

matreshka
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Homemade birdhouses look so nice :)  I really wanted to get into canning this year but it didn't happen.  Its so simple to just put a decorative square of cloth on the top plus a homemade lable to make it look gourmet and more importantly special.

Quoting HippieMomma86:

I've given hand made bird houses before. I just started canning so I'm thinking of doing that for christmas. To keep things inexpensive, we're also going to do Restaurant.com for some people because through a reward program at my fiance's job, he can get $25 ones for $8.

pipsmommy
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I made aprons for all the women in my family last year. They were a huge hit! I used fun fabrics and added fun frills and ribbons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Strorebought cute aprons are so expensive, that's a great idea.

Quoting pipsmommy:

I made aprons for all the women in my family last year. They were a huge hit! I used fun fabrics and added fun frills and ribbons.

pipsmommy
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM
They were really easy too, we did a square apron, since I am am only 'Ok' with a sewing machine.

Quoting matreshka:

Strorebought cute aprons are so expensive, that's a great idea.

Quoting pipsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I have given knitted items such as scarves, wash cloths, an pot holders. 

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I made chili in a jar. This year, I've eliminated a number of people from my gift giving list. They just aren't very grateful and I don't have the time and money to spend in ungrateful people. This year I think I'll do chocolate cake in a mug for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)