Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Estrogen Problem

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM
  • 9 Replies

This is a little personal so I understand if no one responds.  I have just found out that birth control pills with estrogen cause me to have high blood pressure.  So once again, I am switching.  Is anyone else out there with that problem?  Does this mean when I get menopause and have to take estrogen, I'll have to take blood pressure meds too?

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
roxanna79
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Sorey I have no clue but wouldbe interesting to know... I have low progesterone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I don't know the answer to that.  I do know that there are other treatments besides estrogen during menopause.  I would imagine they will probably have you do one of those.

matreshka
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I can't take bc pills but I do know it is a side effect. My bp is already borderline high.  Have you talked to your doc about the mini pill? its not as effective and I was told to use condoms if I took it.  so we just use condoms :(

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Most people do take BP meds when they're that age (of menopause) for other reasons.

Why would you have to take estrogen after menopause?  HRT wasn't heard of years ago, and women survived.  From what I've heard from friends and family, HRT is NOT desirable.  My mom doesn't use it.  My grandmothers didn't use it.  I don't plan on using it. 

specialwingz
by Corey on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm survivng menopause without estrogen.  I'm not really sure what all the hype about HRT is.  I don't feel any different than when I had my periods.  Other than elation that I don't have to deal with AF anymore!!  LOL.

happy2bmom25
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

i would guess that if you live well, all should be better for you during menopause.

there is something inherently wrong with ingesting synthetic hormones, but when your body naturally changes and you do not interfere with those changes, and you are in good health otherwise, then i wouldn't worry about high blood pressure during menopause.

live well!!!

years ago oprah did a show on menopause, she had identical twins, one that breezed through menopause and the other suffered a lot. the one that breezed through did eat well and exercise.,

matreshka
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother tried it and it made her very sick.  I have no plans on using it when I get to that age.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Most people do take BP meds when they're that age (of menopause) for other reasons.

Why would you have to take estrogen after menopause?  HRT wasn't heard of years ago, and women survived.  From what I've heard from friends and family, HRT is NOT desirable.  My mom doesn't use it.  My grandmothers didn't use it.  I don't plan on using it. 

nmaxwell816
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM
They are switching me to a mini pill.

Quoting matreshka:

I can't take bc pills but I do know it is a side effect. My bp is already borderline high.  Have you talked to your doc about the mini pill? its not as effective and I was told to use condoms if I took it.  so we just use condoms :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM
I don't know about the whole menopause thing. I still have years before that

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)