Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

coach purse (or any really expensive purse)

I just saw in this group someone saying they have a coach purse. (No bashing at all, I like em too)

But since this is a frugal group I wanted to know if you have one and was it a gift or did you get it on sale or clearance? Why did you chose that over a $20-$40 purse? Cuz lets face it, coach purses aren't exactly cheap/frugal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
ninamsi
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I do not have one but my dd had a wristlet (I think that is the correct name) that was purchased at the outlet store.  I have a David Jones bag that I purchased from one of my coworkers.  She buy them in New York and sells them.

asaffell
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I have two. I get them from the outlets and they usually have an awesome clearance section + 20% off the whole store. They also have a lifetime guarantee, so when one of mine got damaged, they sent me a merchandise card for a new one. It's an investment, but if you're buying a new $20 purse every year, it adds up. I would never pay retail for one, but $100 for a leather bag with a lifetime guarantee is pretty decent to me.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this
My purse was originally $335 I think. We paid $110ish. It was on sale at the outlet, plus another 30% off the sale price.

I figure this purse is a better quality than the cheap purses I have bought. It will last longer than a purse I've spent $10-20 on and it will even out in time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I like funky bags from vintage stores I think coach bags are ugly n Boaring
KelliW29
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I have one but it was a Christmas present from my mom.  I could never afford to pay that much for a purse and I wouldn't want to.  

mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM
I have one. It was a gift. I don't ever really carry a purse though. If it doesn't fit in my pocket then it gets left at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kabrooks
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought one as a treat to myself...I did find it at a coach outlet and it was a holiday weekend so I paid 80 bucks for it. The last time I bought a purse was 5 years ago when I was pregnant with my son and I have been working an average of 25 hours a week overtime so I figured I deserved to treat myself.

joanandgene
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I purchased one for myself at a coach outlet when my daughter was in high school.  Let's see, that was about 20 years ago.  I have been using that bag for 20 years  so the money I spent on that leather bag divided by 20 years is a bargain.   Last week someone stopped me and asked if it was a coach bag and I said yes it was but it was well over 20 years old.  She told me that coach is reintroducing their line of classic bags. I checked their website and there it was selling for over $275.00.  Only now the bags are made in China. 

Look at all the time and gas I saved by not shopping yearly for a new bag.  

scorpiobabes
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I needed a new purse, so last fall when we were actually out keeping warm (no electricity at home for several days), I spied an awesome Steve Madden purse at Ross. It was about $39, but I use it when I'm not working. I liked the colors and I don't really like things to be matchy-matchy. It's currently my only purse.

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I spent $48 on my coach purse. I usually spend less than $20 on a purse. The coach purse so far has been way better quality and seems like it will last longer, so I think It will be worth it.
We were on an semi-extravagant babymoon at the time and I wanted to get something nice for myself since we have a baby on the way and our income is going to decrease next year. I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN