Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

love my favorite bar soap...but soap chips...ugh, i hate em...

Posted by   + Show Post

ok ladies, whats your favorite soap (bar or liquid)?...as for bar lovers what do you do with those annoying soap chips?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
shadenn766
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:15 AM

i was wondering the same thing...because i throw them away

Quoting e.sugarbaby:

Quoting Stacie03:

I grate dove bars melt into water and have a great body wash and no little pieces left over.

When you grate them...do they mix well into the water....I was wondering about melting them. I hate to throw them away and have been trying to figure out a way to reuse them. It seems like such a waste....

Thoughts?

Thanks

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM
My favorite is bath and body works, few different scents. But the more economical one is Avon naturals

Quoting shadenn766:

what kind of body wash do you like?...dove is a good one and babywash

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

I hate bar soap. I use body wash

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
You can remelt the chips into a new bar. I love dove cucumber for my body and African black soap for my face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I grate the full bars when I make mine. After grating them I add the soap to 2 cups of water and slowly heat on the stove til the soap is melted, whisking to mix it all together. Cool in pot, then pour into storage containers.
For the dove bars it's one bar to 2 cups water. Other soaps may require more/less water to get the proper consistency.

Quoting e.sugarbaby:

Quoting Stacie03:

I grate dove bars melt into water and have a great body wash and no little pieces left over.

When you grate them...do they mix well into the water....I was wondering about melting them. I hate to throw them away and have been trying to figure out a way to reuse them. It seems like such a waste....

Thoughts?

Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:20 AM
My mom uses baby soaps. She says it's the only thing that her sensitive skin can handle. It's nice when the kids need baths at her house I dont have to worry about having kid friendly soap there.

Quoting shadenn766:

does anybody use or like babywash?...it smells great!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katetheredhead
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I use California Baby and Mrs. Meyers baby...also I do laundry dishes, stain removal, basically everything with Charlie's Soap.

Quoting Stacie03:

My mom uses baby soaps. She says it's the only thing that her sensitive skin can handle. It's nice when the kids need baths at her house I dont have to worry about having kid friendly soap there.

Quoting shadenn766:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadenn766
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM

ok...ive heard of charlie's but not the others 

Quoting katetheredhead:

I use California Baby and Mrs. Meyers baby...also I do laundry dishes, stain removal, basically everything with Charlie's Soap.

Quoting Stacie03:

Quoting shadenn766:

katetheredhead
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM
You can get them at Target, Earth Fare, Babies R Us and on line.

Quoting shadenn766:

ok...ive heard of charlie's but not the others 

Quoting katetheredhead:

Quoting Stacie03:

Quoting shadenn766:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I use body wash. I don't have a preference of body wash or soap, I just get the cheapest.

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I do like liquid, but don't have a favorite.  We do like to use Bath and Body Works products.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)