Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

love my favorite bar soap...but soap chips...ugh, i hate em...

Posted by   + Show Post

ok ladies, whats your favorite soap (bar or liquid)?...as for bar lovers what do you do with those annoying soap chips?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
specialwingz
by Corey on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

This made me laugh.  Not because I don't use all the soap chips, I do.  I melt them down for liquid soap, too.

But, it made me laugh because it made me think back to when I was little.  My Nana was a frugal one for sure.  I came by my frugal roots honestly it seems.  LOL.  She always took a stocking (hosiery) and cut it off at the knee.  The soap pieces went to the toe and she tied off the top in a way that it would loop onto the handle in the tub/shower.  This kept the soap pieces together and yet you could use it to wash with.  She would just keep adding soap pieces to it as they came along.  And, she would toss the stocking in the laundry with her delicates every now and then.  Guess she kinda created her own form of "soap-on-a-rope".  LOL.  But, not a single sliver of soap went to waste in her household!  I remember her bathing me with it.  It created suds like all the fancy shower flowers do today!

rmp
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I used to use body wash only, that is until I discovered Whole Foods Triple Milled Green Tea Soap !!! LOL

Now I am addicted heeheee. I can get it on sale for $2.99 and the regular price is $3.99 . I know it is not cheap that is one of a few things I splurge on. I did not use it for a month then I had soap withdrawals. LOL I went back and bought it , I will not feel guilty!!! I am frugal , I am.

shadenn766
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM

some stuff makes me sneeze, i'm so glad that ivory is cheap and i can tolerate it...

Quoting diaperstodating:

I use body wash. I don't have a preference of body wash or soap, I just get the cheapest.

shadenn766
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM

green tea soap?, nice...and we have a whole foods, i'll check into that

Quoting rmp:

I used to use body wash only, that is until I discovered Whole Foods Triple Milled Green Tea Soap !!! LOL

Now I am addicted heeheee. I can get it on sale for $2.99 and the regular price is $3.99 . I know it is not cheap that is one of a few things I splurge on. I did not use it for a month then I had soap withdrawals. LOL I went back and bought it , I will not feel guilty!!! I am frugal , I am.

shadenn766
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM

your nana came up with a neat idea:)

Quoting specialwingz:

This made me laugh.  Not because I don't use all the soap chips, I do.  I melt them down for liquid soap, too.

But, it made me laugh because it made me think back to when I was little.  My Nana was a frugal one for sure.  I came by my frugal roots honestly it seems.  LOL.  She always took a stocking (hosiery) and cut it off at the knee.  The soap pieces went to the toe and she tied off the top in a way that it would loop onto the handle in the tub/shower.  This kept the soap pieces together and yet you could use it to wash with.  She would just keep adding soap pieces to it as they came along.  And, she would toss the stocking in the laundry with her delicates every now and then.  Guess she kinda created her own form of "soap-on-a-rope".  LOL.  But, not a single sliver of soap went to waste in her household!  I remember her bathing me with it.  It created suds like all the fancy shower flowers do today!

JohnnyCakes
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:45 AM

My mom always kept a nylon sock in the closet and added soap chips to it, then we took it camping with us! She'd knot it and hang it on the tree by a bucket of water for quick handwashing. :) You're right, it lathers nicely! 

Quoting specialwingz:

a_and_j_momma
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM
I use body wash
shadenn766
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM

you both gave some cook ideas

Quoting JohnnyCakes:

My mom always kept a nylon sock in the closet and added soap chips to it, then we took it camping with us! She'd knot it and hang it on the tree by a bucket of water for quick handwashing. :) You're right, it lathers nicely! 

Quoting specialwingz:

shadenn766
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM

i like the babywash or ivory bodywash...

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

I use body wash

chrissysnow22
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Collect them till we have enough to do something with. I grate it and then melt it for my laundry detergent or body wash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN