Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

love my favorite bar soap...but soap chips...ugh, i hate em...

Posted by   + Show Post

ok ladies, whats your favorite soap (bar or liquid)?...as for bar lovers what do you do with those annoying soap chips?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
MusherMaggie
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I like all kinds of soap. I get those little net bags with a drawstring from Wal-Mart to put the chips in so I don't lose any of it.
LongBeachLiz
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM
I watched a show and the guy put the soap bits into a stocking and used it like that. You don't have to handle it with the tips of your finger, you can add more to it later, and it can lather.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coreym
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Do you know any good resources for beginners? I Really want to learn to make soap!

Quoting matreshka:

I make my own soap.  When it gets down to the slivers I save a few compact together under warm running water.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM

The package I got at AC Moore had all the instructions on how to do the melt and pour. Then I added some green clay I already had (the facial mask kind) and 15 drops of lavender, I could have used more.) I cheaped out and used my own cake pans and muffin pans sprayed with oil as molds. I highly recommend getting silicone or soap molds as it makes it so much easier to get the soap out.

I  did look up some sites but forget what they were.  Google melt and pour soap making.

Quoting coreym:

Do you know any good resources for beginners? I Really want to learn to make soap!

Quoting matreshka:

I make my own soap.  When it gets down to the slivers I save a few compact together under warm running water.

coreym
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Thanks. I will look into it! :)

Quoting matreshka:

The package I got at AC Moore had all the instructions on how to do the melt and pour. Then I added some green clay I already had (the facial mask kind) and 15 drops of lavender, I could have used more.) I cheaped out and used my own cake pans and muffin pans sprayed with oil as molds. I highly recommend getting silicone or soap molds as it makes it so much easier to get the soap out.

I  did look up some sites but forget what they were.  Google melt and pour soap making.

Quoting coreym:

Quoting matreshka:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I smoosh the sliver of the last bar onto the new bar and kind of lacquer it down by rubbing it.  I never have to buy soap.  My mom loves buy fancy soaps so she's always giving me sopmething new to try.

caseyloo
by Casey on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I just press the last little piece of soap onto the new bar.

minecraftzombie
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:15 AM

You could always melt them together and make another bar of soap.

minecraftzombie
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Have you ever tried making cold process soap? with lye? It's actually not that hard. The only thing that sucks is you gotta wait a few weeks before you use it...

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting coreym:

Quoting matreshka:

BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:46 AM
I know how you feel. That's why I stopped using soap bar. My favorite are original Ivory body wash and Olay. Right now, I'm using this stress relief mint body wash from BB&W that I got for my birthday and I really like it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)