Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

love my favorite bar soap...but soap chips...ugh, i hate em...

Posted by   + Show Post

ok ladies, whats your favorite soap (bar or liquid)?...as for bar lovers what do you do with those annoying soap chips?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Replies (51-60):
Rhodin
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:13 AM

I only use bar soap when I travel.  Typically, I merge the old, tiny piece of soap with the new bar by gettting both of them wet and pressing them together.

KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:00 AM
I love some of the soaps sold at the Botanical,Gardens and places like that.
KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:01 AM
As for soap chips I soak them in a container until mushy them I make cute little soap balls out of them.
Sunshine257
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:02 AM
I use body wash. What are soap chips?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rhodin
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:32 AM

As you use a bar of soap, it gets smaller.  At some point it becomes a small, fragile strip that's just as likely to crumble in your hands as it is to make lather.

Quoting Sunshine257:

I use body wash. What are soap chips?

Feral.Woman
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I don't really have a favorite, I use whatever I get free or cheap. When the bars get too small too use in the shower I dry them out then store them for use making homemade laundry detergent.

Blessings

Kat

matreshka
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I don't know if I want to mess around with lye just yet.  Even with gloves, goggles, and all the the safety gear I'm a little intimidated.

Quoting minecraftzombie:

Have you ever tried making cold process soap? with lye? It's actually not that hard. The only thing that sucks is you gotta wait a few weeks before you use it...

Quoting matreshka:

The package I got at AC Moore had all the instructions on how to do the melt and pour. Then I added some green clay I already had (the facial mask kind) and 15 drops of lavender, I could have used more.) I cheaped out and used my own cake pans and muffin pans sprayed with oil as molds. I highly recommend getting silicone or soap molds as it makes it so much easier to get the soap out.

I  did look up some sites but forget what they were.  Google melt and pour soap making.

Quoting coreym:

Do you know any good resources for beginners? I Really want to learn to make soap!

Quoting matreshka:

I make my own soap.  When it gets down to the slivers I save a few compact together under warm running water.

minecraftzombie
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Yea. I understand. You should definitely do lots of research before you try it. And one of the most important safety thing in mixing is when you make the lye water, pour the lye into cold water. Never pour water into lye!

Quoting matreshka:

I don't know if I want to mess around with lye just yet.  Even with gloves, goggles, and all the the safety gear I'm a little intimidated.

Quoting minecraftzombie:

Have you ever tried making cold process soap? with lye? It's actually not that hard. The only thing that sucks is you gotta wait a few weeks before you use it...

Quoting matreshka:

The package I got at AC Moore had all the instructions on how to do the melt and pour. Then I added some green clay I already had (the facial mask kind) and 15 drops of lavender, I could have used more.) I cheaped out and used my own cake pans and muffin pans sprayed with oil as molds. I highly recommend getting silicone or soap molds as it makes it so much easier to get the soap out.

I  did look up some sites but forget what they were.  Google melt and pour soap making.

Quoting coreym:

Do you know any good resources for beginners? I Really want to learn to make soap!

Quoting matreshka:

I make my own soap.  When it gets down to the slivers I save a few compact together under warm running water.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I use body wash and use essential oils in them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shadenn766
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM

me either...

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting minecraftzombie:

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting coreym:

Quoting matreshka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)