Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

xmas gifts boxes ideas...

Posted by   + Show Post
... for a large family.

Our family is doing a secret santa style for the adults of the family. However I am hosting this year and want to do something special for each household. I've been searching the web and came across a sundae kit box and a movie night box. I don't want to do pasta or Italian theme because I want to inspire a fun family time rather than dinner or lunch at table; which we all do anyways.

So I need ideas....

Sundae kit box:
1. waffle cones or cups
2. candy toppings
3. ice cream scoop
4. ice cream bowl $

Movie night box
1. pop corn
2. candies/chocolates
3. soda cans or bottle
4. movie

Whats another fun box idea? I need to make at least 10. One for a household with 3 toddlers and a momma. One for a household with a toddler, 1 momma, 2 grandparents and a greatgrandmother. One for a household with one preteen and both her parents. One for a single 20 something girl. One for my IL. And ther rest for adults. I would like to keep them different.

Since it is 10 gift boxes and that is on top of Xmas dinner and decorations I would like to keep each under $15.

Thanks in advance mommas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (21-26):
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Everyone I am buying for has tons. lol I want to keep it hand made as well.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I'm doing household baskets for my parents, MIL, and my grandparents. I am making dryer balls and laundry soap for sure. Need more ideas for that.

how about new dish cloths

FebPenguins
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Thought it  was worth a try, what about hot pads?

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I'm doing household baskets for my parents, MIL, and my grandparents. I am making dryer balls and laundry soap for sure. Need more ideas for that.

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM

If I have any extra fabric I will make a set! :) I have like 3 yards of InsulBright that I've never used.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

FebPenguins
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM

What is insulbright?

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

If I have any extra fabric I will make a set! :) I have like 3 yards of InsulBright that I've never used.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Fabric that takes and absorbs heat to make oven mitts.

Description: Insul~Bright consists of hollow, polyester fibers needlepunched through a nonwoven substrate and through a reflective metalized poly film. The needled material is breathable and won’t break down with washing. The hollow fibers resist conduction while the reflective metalized poly film resists radiant energy. The energy, hot or cold, is reflected back to its source.

Quoting FebPenguins:

What is insulbright?

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

XVAmomma
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM
How do you do dryer balls? Are you keeping it clean household theme? How about placing all in a mop bucket and adding a reusable swifer pad or duster.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)