Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

xmas gifts boxes ideas...

Posted by   + Show Post
... for a large family.

Our family is doing a secret santa style for the adults of the family. However I am hosting this year and want to do something special for each household. I've been searching the web and came across a sundae kit box and a movie night box. I don't want to do pasta or Italian theme because I want to inspire a fun family time rather than dinner or lunch at table; which we all do anyways.

So I need ideas....

Sundae kit box:
1. waffle cones or cups
2. candy toppings
3. ice cream scoop
4. ice cream bowl $

Movie night box
1. pop corn
2. candies/chocolates
3. soda cans or bottle
4. movie

Whats another fun box idea? I need to make at least 10. One for a household with 3 toddlers and a momma. One for a household with a toddler, 1 momma, 2 grandparents and a greatgrandmother. One for a household with one preteen and both her parents. One for a single 20 something girl. One for my IL. And ther rest for adults. I would like to keep them different.

Since it is 10 gift boxes and that is on top of Xmas dinner and decorations I would like to keep each under $15.

Thanks in advance mommas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
arkansasmama08
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM
There ya go :)

Quoting XVAmomma:

That is a cool idea! But since she is into her iPod I think I'll do an iTunes gift card instead of the cd.

Quoting arkansasmama08:

For the single, how about a relaxation kit. Candles, small bottle of bubble bath or bath beads, and a cd?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

A day at the park box with picnic supplies and a soccer ball or other lawn game.

suthrnrose71
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

For an individual gift or a family that likes to grill and have cookouts, you could do a grilling box with grill utensils, apron, bbq sauces, etc.  

For a family that likes to picnic you could make it a picnic box with paper plates, plastic utensils, cups, gift card to a local grocery store, and a picnic blanket.  

For the coffee or hot tea lovers you could make a coffee or tea box with tea bags, coffee, stirrers, mugs, creamers, packets of sugar, etc. You could also do a hot cocoa box with cocoa packets, mini marshmallows, stirrers, mugs, and maybe sugar cookie mix.

For the baker on your list you could make a baking box with pot holders, maybe a cup cake pan or cookie pans, cookie cutters, spatulas, decorating sugar/sprinkles, cup cake paper liners, baking spray, etc.

For any readers you could make a reading box with a gift card to a book store, cute bookmarks, and a book light.

There are so many ways you could go with something like this, if you know what the interests of the people you are buying for are.  

matreshka
by Valerie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I like all these ideas. I usually do spa/relaxation kits with good soap, candles, bath salts, lotions, tea etc.

May of these things can be handmade in bulk to give to several people.

ria7
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Tie dye box with a tye dye kit and socks for the whole family to tye die. 

Coffee  and a book for adults.

I love the craft for young kids where you take the little beads and put them on a "frame" and then you iron them so they melt together. My dd used to love them when she was about 5. 

Duct tape for the preteen

signingmama2915
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

tea box, coffee box, craft box, martini box....

pegleg63
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

for a woman you could do a box with nail polish, polish remover, nail decals, that foam thing that goes between the toes when you polish them, a nail file, etc.

EvilQueenMommy
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe for the toddler family, some craft supplies, like empty containers with lids, bells, feathers, dry noodles or cereal, glitter, food coloring, and directions on how to make sensory bottles. I bet the mom would like a night of free babysitting, if you're close. 

Maybe for the family with 3 or 4 generations they could have a scrapbooking gift with prompts to tell stories about when they were young or certain times in their life, birthdays, vacations, births, special family events, friends, etc.

AmyD43
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I'm doing household baskets for my parents, MIL, and my grandparents. I am making dryer balls and laundry soap for sure. Need more ideas for that.

how about new dish cloths

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)