Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Last weekend our dishwasher quit again, and hubby said no more repairing it he wanted a new one for me. So we started looking for a new dishwasher and the Fridge quit, apparently it had been leaking under where the movers had dropped it. So this week we ended up getting two new appliances and even though they were more than what I'd would've picked they are both wonderful appliances that will last- and we invested this time in the extended warranty on both. 

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Hugs, hope the morning sickness isn't much longer. I told hubby that I will not use movers ever again. And hoping it is a long time before we have to move again. 

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

WOW that's pretty bad! Glad you have some kitchen appliance staples that are quality now! Hopefully if you guys have to move again the movers don't drop anything!! Jerks...

My week wasn't very frugal either. All I can stomach is microwavable food. UGH! 

partyof54me
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM

No worries. This is an investment that's meant to be long lasting. Love your new appliances. They look great. Congratulations.

FebPenguins
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Fridge alarm?!!!! I HAVE to have one!!!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Oh I am excited about having reliable appliances, the sticker shock hasn't worn off yet for me. Hubby picked them out and I was surprised how much I really love them both. The dishwasher is a EcoSense so it is supposed to save money, bought it for 250 less than sticker price, and the fridge alarm has let me know several times today when the kids didn't fully shut the door. Should help keep food fresh longer and lower electric costs, I got a price match with that one. Just glad the week is over and everything is installed. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Don't be so hard on yourself...it's going to save you in the long run...think of all the repair costs you won't have to pay on the old appliances.... It's going to be better. The new appliances also save on energy and water so you will see your build go down a bit also.... Maybe only a few $ but a few is better than none right?

joanandgene
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM

NICE........

kaitybird
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

very nice....:)  Even if you did invest the extra warranty!  :)

chrissysnow22
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Ooh they are very shiny! I love them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM
I am sorry
a_and_j_momma
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM
I love the new ones
opal10161973
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:16 AM

If you think about it, you saved as much money as you could considering the quality and the discounts and price match, so enjoy your new appliances!  I hope they last a long time and are worth it. 

My Mom bought a nice washer dryer set and hasn't regretted a second of it.  Totally worth it in the long run. 

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I LOVE them, and don't have a single regret. I have had them a few days now and it is great to open the fridge with everything within reach. No more bending over and the dishwasher is so quite and works. You all were right, these were worth it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)