Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got some good deals at Walmart that's closing and moving

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

There is a Walmart by us.  It is turning into a Super Center. Well the original store is closing in 21 days.  They built a huge new building behind the current one. Even done up the road way to get to the new building.  I wasn't sure when the new store would open.   We had to do some shopping anyways.  All this stuff was marked down.  I guess they said it's less to move. If they liquidate things.  I spent 167$ Got like a cart and a half of stuff.  All frugal things we use at home regular.  I stocked up good on tp and other household products.  Got some non parishible food items also.   People may think I'm hoarding.  Not really.  I like to stock up good. When things are cheap.  I know there will be some weeks over the holidays I will not be working.  I usually don't get picked to work over semester break at the college.  This past summer I did not get picked to work any hours. I am a food service worker in a college cafeteria.   I am happy for the big sales at Walmart.  Now I hope to hit the Mexican Market next pay day.  They have some unbelievable meat prices.  I have a upright freezer I can fill heaping full.  The less I go to the store the less I spend.  Meaning I don't buy things on implulse that we can do without.

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sonogal
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Sounds like you hit some deals...congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM

sweet deal...

specialwingz
by Corey on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I would have done the same thing.  Stock up when the opportunity arises!

rachel_2010
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Our Zellers is closing to make way for a Target, we didn't stock up like that but we did get a stand mixer and a new pot set for 60% and 50% off.  Both things we were saving up for and needed to replace anyway!  The new store will probably do grand opening sales too! :)

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I can't wait till the Super Center opens up. I can see some sales to bring the people in.  I'm set in tp, paper towels and those type products, shower soap, shampoo, and like that for several months now.  Probably enough of those things to get us through the winter months on to early spring.    Now if I could go back and get some canned cat food.  I'd be happy.  We got 3 cats.  I buy their food and litter when it's on sale.  Cans will keep a long while.  Just the dry.  I don't buy more than an months worth.  I keep it in a tub with a tight fitting lid. Then just refill their feeder as needed.

lyrick24
by Melissa on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM

sounds like a good deal!

godsgirl26
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quoting aneela:

sweet deal...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Great deal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Way to go!!! I'm kinda jealous lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)