Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

My newest frugal obsession!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

A few months ago, someone in my area started a local swap and sale group on Facebook, and I am now HOOKED! I have found such good deals on there, and have sold quite a few things as well. If I am looking for something, then I post on there first, just to see if someone has what I am looking for. I needed a new dog kennel and was able to buy one really cheap. The lady just had it sitting in her shed and wasn't using it. Also, we are going camping next week, and we could use a larger tent and camping chairs. So, I posted on there what I was looking for, and sure enough, I was able to buy it all for a fraction of what I would have paid at the store. The tent had never even been taken out of the package! 

Anyway, just wanted to let you ladies know, so you can look to see if there are any similar groups in your area. If not, maybe you could start one:)

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spcmom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister lives in a small town, somebody got fed up with a crappy craigslist and started a yard sale on Facebook for their town. She has scored some killer deals!! Great post shmily13!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:27 AM
I have heard if this. I really need to check and see if we have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Melissa on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:15 AM

good idea!

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Thanks, I am going to check that out.  I live in a grouping of small cities, suburbs and the outlying rural areas so maybe there is a valley wide one for my area.

Seems to me to be a little bit safer than craigslist too.

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

There is also Free cycle.  People will post things they are giving away. You just got to search for your city.  

boshs1andonly
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM

My sister participates in one of those groups in CO and she's gotten some good stuff. I guess I should check to see if there's one near me, but so far I haven't seen any. 

JLah
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE these sites. I have gotten some great things.

shmily13
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We live in a small community also. So the group I am in, is actually for all four of the small communities in my area. Some groups are set to private (ours is). You can only join if a member invites you. This helps to keep things a little safer as well. Plus Facebook makes it easier to post pictures and ask questions about the items.

Quoting matreshka:

Thanks, I am going to check that out.  I live in a grouping of small cities, suburbs and the outlying rural areas so maybe there is a valley wide one for my area.

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:03 PM
My so and I went to a swap meet and he was able to get a brand new sealed ps3 game, one of the newer ones, for $3. It was an awesome deal. And I got brand new cookie sheets, a set of 3, for $1! It was so fun. Plus we got a ton if Christmas decorations for super cheap too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Good, I like the safety feature. I will PM some of my firends to see if they are in it.

Quoting shmily13:

We live in a small community also. So the group I am in, is actually for all four of the small communities in my area. Some groups are set to private (ours is). You can only join if a member invites you. This helps to keep things a little safer as well. Plus Facebook makes it easier to post pictures and ask questions about the items.

Quoting matreshka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN