Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Made w/Love

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
  • 17 Replies

What homemade gifts have you made and who were they for?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I don't think I can remember all of them....I've made afghans for my mother, daughter, DS and DIL, and MIL, I've made quilts for my older boys, I've stitched designs on shirts/sweatshirts for almost everyone I can think of, I've made a wooden fishing pole rack for my FIL, I made playmats for toy cars for all of my DSs, I've made Barbie clothes and furniture for my DD. I've made robes and PJs for all of my kids and DH, I've made numerous stitched wall hangings for everyone. I've also made baked goods and food baskets for grandparents, in-laws, friends, and casual acquaintances.
specialwingz
by Corey on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I have a bunch of new scrapbook pages for my DD and her family to add to their album.  SO and I have also done a digital video of events throughout the year.  My granddaughter's bff moved to California.  So, I made some custom stationery and note cards so she can write to her.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I've made homemade soap for my mom, candles for friends.  Those cookie mix jars, and breads for acquaintances. Photo frames for family.

lillucky8
by Jen on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Cookies, heat packs, fleece blankets, collage photos, candy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:06 PM
No sew tie blankets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eponymous1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I've made cinnamon almonds for family members at Christmas, also kitchen towels with crocheted tops (to hang on an oven door handle), and blueberry bran muffins.  Always looking for new ideas, thanks for posting!

JohnnyCakes
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I made a cupcake apron and chef hat for my niece. Magnets with pictures of spices for my FIL. Doll clothes for my girls and for my nieces. A christmas ornament for my BIL and SIL with a photo from their engagement dinner (it was a surprise only to her, he popped the question in front of us all). Oh I made an ornament for my MIL and FIL of a photo of thier house the first Christmas they were there. Wine charms for my mom and my MIL. Back when my DH was into Magic The Gathering I made him a binder and a box to hold all of his stuff. Hairbows, bow box, tutu and onesie outfit for another neice, taggies and blocks for my neice and nephew. That's all I can think of at the moment. Lots of crafty stuff from the kids for my parents, we don't really exchange gifts on holidays except between all our kiddos. 

Foodwise is another story...I make all the birthday cakes and holidays desserts on both sides of our family. This weekend I'm making a chocolate cheesecake with sour cream topping for my MIL. :) 

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I made a Painted Desert Chili mix in a jar for a couple of people last year

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Oh but that was last year. I haven't made anything this year.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Dec. 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN