Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

christmas shopping

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM
  • 32 Replies
Do you do Christmas shopping on black Friday or do you start early and pick up stuff when you see a good price?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Both really.  If its something I know one of my family members wants and its a good deal before black friday I will get it.  Otherwise I wait.

erienne06
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Both, this year I bought early but I still plan to pick up a few things on Black Friday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I love black.friday shopping! ,i have a Christmas notebook that I make for each year. It stays in my purse,everybody I need to buy for is in it, sizes... what each person wants, or likes... . What I've already boughten, even where it is hidden at. Lol
I KEEP EVERY RECEIPT in a manila envelope. My little book is my life savior for my christmas shopping.
My big gifts from Santa are all ready bought!!!! YAHOO. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM
4 moms liked this

I personally hate it.  Too much hullabaloo over materialistic things.  Don't really care for the ugliness that shopping day brings out in people.  It really shows how out of touch our society is with the true Christmas spirit and meaning of said holiday.

I went only one time with my SO.  There was a home entertainment system that he'd been researching and watching prices for.  The Black Friday price was just too good to pass up.  So, he wanted to go.  So, I went with him so he wouldn't have to stand out in the cold all alone at 4am.  The attitudes and actions I saw of so many people there, convinced me (us) that we really don't ever want to do it again.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

pick it up when I see a good price.  The majority of my shopping is done by Black Friday

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I have tried twice, and didn't find anything. 

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Both. I lke black Friday shopping for myself. If I need bed sheets or a new vacuum I wait until black Friday. They always put the stuff you would never give as a gift on sale or at least I wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I start early but also go on black Friday to see what sales they have going on.I already have some things on layaway :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Both, certain things are never on sale on black Friday so I buy those if I see a good price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM
I normally shop on Black Friday but this year going to shop early and try to see good price.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)