Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Dinner is getting harder to make!

Posted by   + Show Post
We get paid friday, we can make it! But yeesh, I'm getting creative with dinner. Tomorrow night is chicken, rice (bleh) and some veggies, friday is roast beef and hopefully DH can get a ride to work so I can go grocery shopping and we can have potatoes once again, if not, Mac and cheese. But tonite dinner turned out good. I made veggie soup, threw in tiny meatballsand dumplings. It was a success thankfully. Used up a box of no knead bread. It was rather pitiful. Back to homemade rolls.

Now DH is in the kitchen making bread. We have no milk, and no eggs, so I don't know how that's going to turn out. Oh, and no butter.

I'm putting together my grocery list, and realized I need to get more than 2 dozen eggs, 2 packs of butter and 2gallons of milk like usual. My grocery cart is going to be overflowing.

Now I have to figure out how to make my chicken tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Replies (11-14):
chrissysnow22
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Sounds like you are doing a good job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM

It's amazing how creative we can get when we need to.

Have you tried www.supercook.com?  You can add the foods you have in the house to a list and it will search for recipes that you can make with those.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here...and why I have a stockpile.

Quoting campingmomof4:

This is why I meal plan and usually have everything I need for the 2 or 3 weeks between grocery shopping.  

campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM

http://www.tasteofhome.com/ You can put in the foods you have and gives you recipes. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

It's amazing how creative we can get when we need to.

Have you tried www.supercook.com?  You can add the foods you have in the house to a list and it will search for recipes that you can make with those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)