Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

doll clothes/boy ideas, sewing

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

Any ideas on how to sew, or make doll clothes? I am a beginner in sewing, have made a few things over the years, curtains with straight edges, etc.  so anything easy and not fancy.  :)  I am making my youngest toddler flat sheets for his crib to match his set. 

I would like to sew something for my son too.  He is (almost) 12.   I'm making pillow case for him.  Any ideas, other than clothing?  Any ideas for the hubby?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
twi
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I made blankets for my kids. Just get some blanket material and sew some edgeing aroung the outside and your done :)

Dakee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Quoting twi:

I made blankets for my kids. Just get some blanket material and sew some edgeing aroung the outside and your done :)

Thanks!  :) I forgot I am doing this for my one year old. I made my other two the "no sew" blankets from fleece when they were little and thought it's time for him to have one too! 

lillucky8
by Jen on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy premie baby clothes for dds doll, they are the best fit, i usually get them at goodwill. Im not crafty at all, sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I am horrible at sewing. Bump for more ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a sewer though I'd love to learn. I'd look around on etsy to get some ideas and go from there. For the 12 year old you could do things like a sleeping bag with attached pillow if he's into camping. Or make him an art portfolio with his initials stitched in if that's more his style. I have no idea what I'd make my husband....probably a blanket or something. Or maybe a small tote in a fabric I think he'd like for his lunch sack. 

Bekahsue5
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Hats, bags, aprons ( even for the boys). Pj pants, interesting ties.
Dakee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Wooohoooo!  GREAT IDEAS!!!!   Now I can't wait to buy the fabric now that I have some ideas!!!!!!  THANK YOU!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Patterns for doll clothes are usually very easy to find.

12 yo DS & DH:  sorry, no idea except matching robe & pj pants/boxers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)