Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Have You Ever Gotten A Hilariously High Bill?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  • 13 Replies

Woman Gets $15 Quadrillion Phone Bill & Company Generously Lets Her Pay Over Time

Posted by Lindsay Mannering

phoneTalk on the phone a lot, do you? Probably not as much as this French woman does, or so the phone company alleges. Solenne San Jose received a 12 quadrillion euro phone bill (or 15.5 quadrillion US dollars) and when she saw the amount, she knew, obviously, there had been some sort of mistake. I mean, when there are more zeros on your bill than there are words, you know you've got problems.

San Jose dialed up Bouygues Telecom expecting, you know, an apology and maybe a good laugh or something, but what she got, instead, was something not so much funny ha-ha, but more like funny living-nightmare.

The company told her that her bill could not be changed, and if San Jose liked, they could just take the money directly out of her bank account. Then, after some "frantic phone calls", the phone company agreed, finally ... to let her pay using an installment plan.

L.O. mother trucking L.

Things eventually got worked out and San Jose only ponied up the 117 euros she owed, but believe it or not, this isn't the first time a poor soul has ever received a hilariously erroneous bill.

A woman in Colorado got a water bill for $50,000 due to a broken meter, and a Chicago area family was billed $107,000 for one month's electricity. The electric company thought they used over 1.6 million kilowatts, which, come on, only the Christmas light-loving Griswalds could rack up a bill like that.

I'd like to see my phone, electric or cable company charge me hundreds of thousands, if not quadrillions, of dollars. Go ahead, try and take that out of my bank account. Joke would be on them.

Have you ever gotten a hilariously high bill?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I watch our meter and bills like a hawk. But have read about stuff like this. It's creepy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not gotten one that high, and I sure wouldn't think it was funny. 

Dakee
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Not electric or utility bills, but I got a medical bill for over 400,000! It was for a month long hospital stay, and the several reconstructive surgeries and the air flight! I had a hard time staying calm & cried! Then called my insurance. Since we are military we didn't have to pay a thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Our internet bill 2 months in a row was $1200 or so. Our router was unlocked and "we" went over our upload/download. They graciously gave us our normal bill and talked us through locking the router.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM

nope and i can live without that hassle yikes

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Oh my. "We can just take 4 quadrillion dollars out for ya" jokes on u dude! No ive never had a insane bill and u better believe id notice lol we r on a very tight budget and i just know our "norms"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephy_85
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I watch our usuage like a hawk lol. Our electric co-op has a program where you can get a daily email of your previous 24hr kW usuage and I check our water meter every few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I got triple billed for the water one time.  That's how we found out a pipe was leaking.  Thankfully, they let me send a letter to have it reduced to close to what we normally pay.  I really like the water company now.  :)

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I have gotten a few where I had to do a double check.  With some I even called to make sure I was billed correctly. 

BrooklynsMom11
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Yes. Three years ago we got a $2000 phone bill cause dh thought he was getting a web promo on his phone so he went internet crazy. Turns out he didnt read the fine print. We had to pay in installments. Needless to say I was flippin peeved!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN