Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I need help

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM
  • 21 Replies
We just got notice that 4 of our bills are going to be substantially raised. I'm going to pick up extra hours at work, but what else can we do? And it's not luxury bills. Health insurance, water/sewage, gas and property taxes. Our savings is already pretty much gone because of some unexpected expenses earlier this year, so I'm really panicking. We do coupon for groceries, though not extreme. We have a food supply set up. I just don't know what to do about our other bills. Our gas, for cars, is $161 more than we spent before my husband took a job further away. We looked into public transportation but he doesn't have the flexibility on time to make it work. He's currently looking for a closer job, but that's stressful. We don't spend more than we have. I honestly can't think of where to cut back! Help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Have you checked in to lowering any interest rates on bills? 

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Bundling any services? 

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Coupon clipping? 

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Can you see if your state can help with sewage/water? Sometimes they offer assistance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cara124
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Can you see if any of the company's offer some kind of balance payment plans
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Our only interest is our car loans and mortgage and it's the lowest we qualify for.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Have you checked in to lowering any interest rates on bills? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
We only have cable and internet bundled. If cancel the cable altogether, but our internet is cheaper with it. We pay $50a month for both. It'd be $70 for internet only.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Bundling any services? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM
We have the gas on a payment plan, but they don't have anything for the water.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Can you see if your state can help with sewage/water? Sometimes they offer assistance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

MaNn that stinks...I'm sorry. Maybe you qualify for something like SupperSolutions. We have them in our area and you buy packages for complete meal sets and I believe its on a sliding scale or something

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

ColieO
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM
I doubt it. We don't qualify for any assistance. We can make it, but like this month we have no idea how we are going to pay our car payment, mortgage and everything on one check because of how everything falls this month. And with the increase in costs... I just don't know.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

MaNn that stinks...I'm sorry. Maybe you qualify for something like SupperSolutions. We have them in our area and you buy packages for complete meal sets and I believe its on a sliding scale or something

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)