Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Swagbucks prize: which would YOU pick?

My points are accumulating FAST and I'm thinking of getting one of these for my kitchen.

Which would YOU choose, and why?

Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven Classic 4-Slice White

Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven Classic 4-Slice White Wishlisted
(3 reviews)

With 1200 watts of power, this versatile countertop toaster oven can toast up to four slices of bread at a time, as well as bake, broil, and reheat a variety of foods quickly and easily. Three simple-to-use control knobs allow for choosing the function; setting the 30-minute auto-off timer; and setting the temperature up to 450 degrees F--great for cooking crispy-crust pizza, side dishes, casseroles, muffins, and more. The oven features two rack positions and can accommodate a 9-inch pizza. When the door opens, the dual-position rack advances for easy access. Other highlights include a 3/8-cubic-foot capacity, a see-through door for checking on food at a glance, a generous stay-cool door handle, and a sleek design that will nicely accommodate any kitchen decor. Its slide-out crumb tray makes cleanup a snap, and a broil rack and bake pan come included. The toaster oven/broiler measures 14-1/4 by 18 by 11-1/2 inches.

Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor

Cuisinart Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor Wishlisted
(4 reviews)

Snag this Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor for FREE with Swag Bucks!

Professional power and versatility are at your fingertips, thanks to the experts at Cuisinart. The handy Pro Classic Food Processor slices whole fruits and vegetables, kneads bread dough and minces garlic with amazing ease. The 7-cup work bowl is heat-resistant, cold-resistant and shatterproof. Features extra-large feed tube, stainless steel medium (4 mm) slicing disc and shredding disc. Also includes chopping and dough blades. Exclusive how-to video offers tips and techniques. Easy to clean, with dishwasher-safe parts.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Replies (41-47):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Quoting Idntreallycare:

I would probably use the toaster oven more.... are you turning in points for the amazon gift cards? 

Yes, but I've reached the max amount of $5 gift cards for the month and I think the higher values are a waste of points...but I could look into it,  Thanks!

Rhonda

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 907PickleMom:

Depends on what kind of cooking you do a lot of. Baking or serious cooking I would get the food processor because you would use it more. If you have a small family and are going to use the toaster oven for meals more often I would get that.

I make all of our meals from scratch, but there's not a lot of baking done in the house anymore.

Rhonda

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Hmmm....thats a good problem to have LOL

LOL  Yes, it is!

Rhonda

Scottsmommie
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I have both and use both but I use the toaster oven a lot more than the food processor. I love my food processor though and used it a lot for baby food. Now I use it for homemade sauces and such.

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Stay away from black and decker products.  The company was bought out and the quality just is not there anymore.  I have an older cuisinart processor.  LOVE IT!

CJsMommy622
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't know if you saw, but the toaster oven is the amazon deal of the day for $19.99!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I'd go with the food processor if the reviews are good. You can get a good toaster oven much cheaper then a really good food processor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)