Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Internet couponing is actually stressful for me

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

I lack any sort of organizational skills.  I know there are people with well sorted binders and all that and it escapes my brain on how to do that, I hove my coupons in a plstic bag then spend forever sorting them at the store.  I Know one thing I have to do is have DH keep LO preoccupied so hes not jumping at the printer when I print, but even on krazycouponlady it seems like I get way off track on what coupons I need.

Any tips for this completely disorganized frugalista?

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I am pretty disorganized, generally.

With couponing, it really helps to have some order. I thought having a binder was nuts. I decided to just do it one day, because my other method just wasn't working.

It has actually kept some what of a routine for me. I spend one day of the week clipping and sorting what I have. I turn on CBS.com and watch my shows while I do it. Great way to make such a boring activity fun!!

I will say that I am fortunate that my husband will take the kids to the park while I do this. I have a couple rambunctious children!! If I don't finish while he is gone, I will clip more when the kids go down for a nap.

As far as Internet coupons go--I will only clip them if I am headed out the door to go shop. Unless, of course I come across one that is something I use a lot or a high value. Otherwise, I find its a waste of paper and ink:/

I hope some if this helps you!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I have a small accordian holder labeled easily to hold everything. I usually take a look thru before a trip and make a list of ones that are expiring soon or that i know ill want to use at the store, then i go to the store w my list and coupons fresh in my mind :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM

This is what I have too.  I could not imagine having a large binder!  While the accordian has slots for things, we use the very front for ones that we think we will use on the trip (since we are armed with a grocery list anyway and know what we will be getting), and then we put them at the back of the holder as we decide at the store whether to use the coupons or not (sometimes the store brand is cheaper regardless if I have a coupon or not).

As for the internet couponing, I only use target.com and coupons.com.  I think the coupon lady one is just too overwhelming.  I also only go to the coupon site after I have made my grocery list.  That way, I am only printing off what I need for that trip (or if there is a coupon I just can't pass up).

Quoting lillucky8:

I have a small accordian holder labeled easily to hold everything. I usually take a look thru before a trip and make a list of ones that are expiring soon or that i know ill want to use at the store, then i go to the store w my list and coupons fresh in my mind :)

a_and_j_momma
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM
I wish I did. I can use some myself lol
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM
I am just here for the tips to.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Bump
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Yeah maybe I should stick to the coupon sites I already know, krazycouponlady has everything, and a lot of stores and coupons that don't apply to me.  I should get a small accordian folder because that would be easier to carry around.  Thnaks for the tips!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)