Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

SHOES and addiction..come on and comment

Posted by   + Show Post

In your OPINION:

How many pairs of shoes crosses the line of a collection into an ADDICTION?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
anotherhalf
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Absolutely.  I don't think it is a wise use of money, but if someone has so much money they don't know what to do with it, then a 1000 pairs does not make it an addiction if it isn't negatively affecting the rest of their life - as long as the person is not buying and staring at the shoes all day instead of participating in life.

Quoting aneela:

so 500 pairs is ok if you can afford it?

Quoting anotherhalf:

I don't think its the number that matters. I think if buying shoes starts to cause trouble financially or trouble in your relationships, yet you still dont stop, then its an addiction.

nickysmom71
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Mine...I have over 240 prs of shoes and 189 bags....yes, I have an addiction.

I do try to buy things with 30% off friends and family, sample sales, etc.....

I can't help it....lol

ETA - no, when I buy shoes and bags it's because I have the extra money for them.....buying my things does not impact my finances in any way. So I guess it'snot really an addiction then...lol  

MommyLehr
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Jeez I only have about 10 pairs of shoes... 5 of them being various colored flip flops. Lol

Quoting aneela:

ha ha well i dont personally know anyone like that but was just trying to get a # from people...

even 200 pairs...i mean how often will a woman cycle thru 200 pairs??

an average person not rich ppl

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

If it doesn't negatively impact her life and relationships its not an addiction, IMO.

But damn that's a lot!!!

Quoting aneela:

how about 700 pairs but still no $$ trouble?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sonata8
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Having an addiction doesn't mean it's causing you trouble, IMO.

I'm addicted to books, I buy and buy books because I love them and I love reading them, it's an addiction because I can't go into a bookstore without buying a book, I see a book that looks interesting and I buy whether I need a new book or not...this doesn't cause me any financial or relationship issues, but I'd totally say its an addiction.
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM
I can't really define it, but I know it when I see it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

thank you for this comment as THIS is really what a lot of people do not understand

even if you CAN afford it...it can still be an issue

Quoting Sonata8:

Having an addiction doesn't mean it's causing you trouble, IMO.

I'm addicted to books, I buy and buy books because I love them and I love reading them, it's an addiction because I can't go into a bookstore without buying a book, I see a book that looks interesting and I buy whether I need a new book or not...this doesn't cause me any financial or relationship issues, but I'd totally say its an addiction.

a_and_j_momma
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM
I agree. If it interferes with life or they dont need them

Quoting anotherhalf:

I don't think its the number that matters. I think if buying shoes starts to cause trouble financially or trouble in your relationships, yet you still dont stop, then its an addiction.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I think if you have more shoes than there are days in the month, it is excessive. But hey, we all have our weaknesses!
newbie1198
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM

CAN A GIRL REALLY HAVE TOO MANY SHOES OR HANDBAGS???? LOL!

annasmom1234
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I don't know because I think I'm really in the minority when it comes to buying shoes, underwear, etc.  I see buying those things for myself as a nuisance (don't mind buying what dd needs).  I have my favorites with shoes, etc., and when something gets a hole in it, I simply HATE to go buy new.  I guess if it started causing problems financially, or it was all you could think about, it would be an addiction.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)