Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Cooking bloopers

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM
  • 19 Replies
I was talking to a friend and he was telling me and dh of him trying to make dressing. He said he uses croutons that he had on hand with some poultry seasoning sage and chicken broth. He said it was so green, shriveled up, and was hard as a doorstop. We had a good laugh.

Do you have any cooking bloopers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:23 AM

yep one time when I was making turkey, I forgot to take the giblets that they usually stuff inside the cavity!  LOL

chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:41 AM
Lol my mom did that once.

Quoting MixedCooke:

yep one time when I was making turkey, I forgot to take the giblets that they usually stuff inside the cavity!  LOL

nailz98
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:28 AM

I've done this before too.

Quoting MixedCooke:

livingdeadmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:22 AM
the first time I ever cooked, I made spaghetti with jar sauce. I wanted to prove I could do it right so I put some seasonings in. I didnt know the difference between cooking spices and baking spices and dumped about 4oz of cinnamon in it. it was horrible! I can laugh now but cried then lol
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I have PLENTY!

Live & learn!

chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Lol!

Quoting livingdeadmom:

the first time I ever cooked, I made spaghetti with jar sauce. I wanted to prove I could do it right so I put some seasonings in. I didnt know the difference between cooking spices and baking spices and dumped about 4oz of cinnamon in it. it was horrible! I can laugh now but cried then lol
chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Me too.

At work not too long ago I was making candied yams with one of my employees helping me. Apparently when I told him to add 2 more pitchers of sugar he grabbed salt instead. We could not for the life of us figure out why it wasn't sweet until the following day.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I have PLENTY!

Live & learn!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I've learned that when I make decorated cakes and put them in the oven to keep fingers out of them, I had better put duct tape over the oven knob, or else remove the knob entirely.  LOL  Oh, the mess a melted cake can make in an oven....

specialwingz
by Corey on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM

My first batch of homemade caramel.  We had to shatter it and eat it like hard candy.  =/

chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Lol!!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I've learned that when I make decorated cakes and put them in the oven to keep fingers out of them, I had better put duct tape over the oven knob, or else remove the knob entirely.  LOL  Oh, the mess a melted cake can make in an oven....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)