Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

what do you do???????

Posted by   + Show Post

what do you do around the house to save money as off laundry, cleaning, anything? do you moms have any tips of stuff that you do in order to save some cash? any idea, advice would help?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Replies (21-28):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Bump

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Wow, a lot of great ideas in this post

The only thing I do is cook everything from scratch

scorpiobabes
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Quoting anotherhalf:

And I started zero dollar budgeting which does save money because now I don't overspend.

What is it? Can you explain this to me-my boyfriend has a problem budgeting (he figured because he got paid last night that he could spend what he wanted) and now I'm at my wit's end. Thanks!

sparkyco2
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM

does it work well with all kinds of Dirt and grease?  sometimes my DH gets so greasy from his job i just had to go to the trouble and it doesn't work well.

Quoting anotherhalf:

That's the detergent I've been using for a year. Works perfectly and lasts a long time. I'll never go back to store bought.

Quoting sparkyco2:

i just got a post from another site i belong too.  the lady gave me the link to her blog there she has her recipe for laundry detergent, it looks easy to make and doesn't look like it would be messy in the long run.   i haven't tried it yet but do plan too soon.  i posted the link below.

link:  http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html?m=1

Quoting ceo-mom:

woww, me too i make all my food from scratch we do not eat out like that, but how do you make your own cleaning and laundry detergents i love to know how please????

Quoting anotherhalf:

I make all our food from scratch and make my own laundry detergent and cleaning products.

matreshka
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I do much of what the ladies already mentioned.  It really helps to save.  There are always good tips and use the search box here in the group (on the right of the screen) to look up old posts on something specific too, if you don't see it here.

anotherhalf
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM

It works for normal everyday laundry.  If the clothes is super greasy or totally muddy, it might not work.  I haven't used it for that.

Quoting sparkyco2:

does it work well with all kinds of Dirt and grease?  sometimes my DH gets so greasy from his job i just had to go to the trouble and it doesn't work well.

Quoting anotherhalf:

That's the detergent I've been using for a year. Works perfectly and lasts a long time. I'll never go back to store bought.

Quoting sparkyco2:

i just got a post from another site i belong too.  the lady gave me the link to her blog there she has her recipe for laundry detergent, it looks easy to make and doesn't look like it would be messy in the long run.   i haven't tried it yet but do plan too soon.  i posted the link below.

link:  http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html?m=1

Quoting ceo-mom:

woww, me too i make all my food from scratch we do not eat out like that, but how do you make your own cleaning and laundry detergents i love to know how please????

Quoting anotherhalf:

I make all our food from scratch and make my own laundry detergent and cleaning products.

anotherhalf
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:10 AM

This is a link to a free e-book that explains it much better than I do.  This method has really changed my spending.

http://www.youneedabudget.com/method/the-book

Quoting scorpiobabes:

Quoting anotherhalf:

And I started zero dollar budgeting which does save money because now I don't overspend.

What is it? Can you explain this to me-my boyfriend has a problem budgeting (he figured because he got paid last night that he could spend what he wanted) and now I'm at my wit's end. Thanks!

bookworm14
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I buy generic many times. I find that tends to provide more savings than coupons. My grocery store allows when an item is buy 4 for $1 (example) you do not have to buy all 4 to get the individual sale price. So don't feel you have to buy it all, if you're not going to need that # of items.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)