Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

IS IT GOING TO BE CRAZY IN THE GROCERY STORE TOMORROW?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:59 AM
  • 19 Replies

I need to rest but if the grocery store is going to be crazy tomorrow then should I just go today and rest tomorrow??

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slashteddy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Grocery will probably be busy today AND tomorrow... quite a few people do their cooking the day before, it seems. Your best bet to avoid the rush is to go as early as you can, or, if it's a 24/7 store, as late - even if they're cleaned out, if you can go at night, they've usually started restocking by then, and the crowds are smaller. :) I go late to avoid crowds.

AnnaNonamus
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Go early in the day. I need to pick up a few of the fresh items for Thursday, but can't go until Wed. I am out of town tomorrow, so it has to be Wed. I plan to go pretty much the moment I wake up. 

I may even just go late tomorrow night when I get home, like 10-11pmish. That might be easier. 

Barb10
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I need to go tomorrow so Im going as soon as I get the kids on the bus in the morning.I think it will be the worst at noon and later.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Go early in the morning or late at night after the kids are in bed.  You bet it's going to be busy!  I would expect some things to be out of stock, too.

chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM
I have to go too. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SandraJo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I have to go tonite after DH gets home. I have all my stuff but need more milk and eggs and have to get some aluminum pans and paper plates and cups. Best get some plastic cutlery too. Hmmmm...I'm making a master shopping list for next year once this is all over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissMia22
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Definitely go later then 9pm or it will be over crowded (used to be cashier for a grocery store and did work the week of turkey day holy hell busy!)...expect the store to be out of certain items...good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Ours have been busy all week. i am having an arthritis and fibro flare and keep putting off going but I have to go tonight when DH gets out of work.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I hope it's not too bad.  I have to go later today.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Yes! They had the police directing traffic around ours last year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)