Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

WOOHOO! Knocked a few things off my Christmas list

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

Every year the cousins exchange gifts on my side of the family and then the adult kids/spouses each exchange a gift. So I have to buy 4 gifts for the kids and 2 for us. With us having one more kid to buy for (both from Santa and with the gift exchange) this year and me not working this is really difficult. We have already cut our Santa budget in half and the baby is only getting one toy plus his stocking stuffers and the pj's they all open on Christmas Eve. 

So here is how we are being frugal already

Julianna:

Dh just got a iPhone 4 for $.99 so we are giving his old iPhone3 to her. We are going to get her a girly case. She wanted a Ken Doll and Barbie Accesories and Target had a 25% off Barbie stuff today. So I got the Dating Ken Doll for $15 instead $20 and a pool for $11 instead of $15, both were already marked down.

Jr:

I was selected to be a Kmart influencer so I used the $50 gc towards the Leap Pad. I will add an App card and a case.

My nephew wanted Hot wheels track, Target had a 25% off coupon for Hot Wheels so I got the TRex track for $16 instead of $21. 

Jacob:

Ever since I saw the VTECH learning cube advertised on here I have wanted it but I was like man $50 is a lot for a toy. Well now they have it for $40, free shipping and a 20% off coupon. As soon as my unemployment payment hit the card I will order it. :-)

My other nephew has a Leap Pad so I ordered a $20 app card off amazon it was $11 with $8 shipping but I had a $5 credit for CM. so I got it for $16.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

NICE!

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Good job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Awesome! My family is large so we draw names
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah we draw names too. It just so happens i have half of the cousins since Jacob was born. Lol. So we are buying for all 3 nephews and niece anyway.

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Awesome! My family is large so we draw names
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Those are some good deals way to go honey

lillucky8
by Jen on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Great job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Nice!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Great deals!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)