Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Who else is making gifts for xmas?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:11 AM
  • 19 Replies

I am making jewlery for the women and girls in my family.  Maybe some soap as well for everyone, and I think the record bowls I make will go over well with some people.

What are you making?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM

A set of hand towels for my mom's kitchen.

I'm burned out on making gifts, and I want to enjoy the season this year.  In prior years, I've worked my fingers off making gifts, right up until Christmas morning.  Not this time.

matreshka
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I don't want to burn out either, that's why I am doing a little at a time and started last week.  I married into a large family so this is my way of saving a lot of money.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I'm burned out on making gifts, and I want to enjoy the season this year.  In prior years, I've worked my fingers off making gifts, right up until Christmas morning.  Not this time.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM

With me, I made a lot of afghans, quilts, fleece blankets, clothes, etc.  They take HOURS just for one item.  I would start in June or July and still not finish everything until hours before Christmas  LOL

Quoting matreshka:

I don't want to burn out either, that's why I am doing a little at a time and started last week.  I married into a large family so this is my way of saving a lot of money.

Quoting michiganmom116:

BeingAMomIsMe
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Does baking cookies/candies count as "making xmas gifts"?? If so, I am thinking of doing that for all the couples and adults I give gifts to.  Unfortunately this year I just can't afford to "buy" gifts for everybody.  I have decided to buy gifts for all the kids in the family though.

matreshka
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it definitely counts!

Quoting BeingAMomIsMe:

Does baking cookies/candies count as "making xmas gifts"?? If so, I am thinking of doing that for all the couples and adults I give gifts to.  Unfortunately this year I just can't afford to "buy" gifts for everybody.  I have decided to buy gifts for all the kids in the family though.

amyjane22
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM
I made some pear honey to give out to a few people. I'll also make some zucchini bread, Oreo popcorn, & cookies to give. I'll make a few homemade items, but I haven't completely decided what yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM

The only person I am making something for is my 5 year old. She likes horses and wants a horse blanket. I can make a quilt for her in a month no problem, but it will fill most of my crafting time. I also know that she will love it where as I never know if people enjoy things I make or if they just pretend to.

MommyIn2008
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I really wish i was crafty or could bake I would love to make things to send to people and have treats for my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:38 PM

i made some peach jam and some pepper jelly to give out along with a batch of chocolate orange port. 

This yr for the neices/nephews/cousins i am doing a small toy, an m&m filled candy cane and a christmas book.  I got a pack of 16 christmas books for $10

boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I am making chalkboard mugs with hot chocolate truffles, and an ornament for dd's godparents. For dh's family everyone is getting a mix of cookies in a decorated pail and the ornament. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)