Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Storage

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:04 AM
  • 10 Replies

What are some goals you have for the new coming year for getting items into your storage?

I need some more body wash for my son

I plan to stock up on some more meats and so forth

My goal is to only have to go to the store once a month next year not only to save from impulse buys but to also save on gas money!!

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:23 AM

im not stockpiling anything right now since we will be moving sometime next year and the less stuff we have to move the better...if not i would also stockpile more non perishables...

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I'd have to buy a 2nd fridge to stock up on all the fresh veggies and eggs I'd need for a month, otherwise I'll be pretty set here on beef and poultry.  I need to get another whole hog when they're ready.  I'd love to stock up on 50 lb. of almond meal, about 10 lb. of coconut flour, a couple of cases of coconut milk, and a case of butter.  I may need a few more cans of tomato sauce, but otherwise I'm all set.

Oh, and I want a better-producing garden next summer so that I can preserve more veggies!  I have saved seeds for beans, peas, spaghetti squash, zucchini, and cucumbers.  I may have leftover seeds for beets, carrots, kale, lettuces, and tomatoes, but I really need to buckle down and check.

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't stock pile.

campingmomof4
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I don't do massive stock piling.   I do buy things when I get a good deal that we use on a regular basis.   I only shop 2 times a month for regular grocery's.    Dh and I goal for 2013 is to eat heatlhier.  We did pretty good this year but have room for improvement. 

chinosruca
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Me either

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I don't stock pile.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I don't stockpile so do not have plans. Good luck though!
diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I don't stockpile either.

reindeergames
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I used to stockpile when I was with my ex but now that it's just myself & my four year old I have not been stockpiling. 

Things that I usually do stockpile on (I'm also trying to detox the house a bit now as well) were juice boxes, cereal, pasta, sauces, toiletpaper, laundry detergent, papertowels, bubbles, shampoo, soups, etc. 

scorpiobabes
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM

We don't stockpile here-just not enough room! There are a few things I like to have on hand though: extra loaves of bread (I can freeze it); inexpensive steaks (I can get some really nice cuts the last day they're  on sale for less than half price!); fries; toilet paper (nothing says I Love You like having extra TP!); and perhaps a few household staples (vinegar! baking soda!) that I'll make into cleaning products. Our goal for next year is to eat healthier-I think I'm pre-diabetic, and Jim's a bit overweight according to the VA. We often shop only once every two weeks, when he's paid.

specialwingz
by Corey on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I'm pretty stocked right now.  So, no real plans for anything in particularat the moment.  Not to say that I'd pass up a great deal on something we'd definitely use in the future, however.  LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)