Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Dollar General and Paypal?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

Yesterday while at our local Dollar General I noticed a small sign at the register that they now take Paypal debit cards!  This is a positive for me, since I plan on getting cash for my Swagbucks points sent to my Paypal account.

Yay!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Christmas countdown banner

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Yes but I didn't think you even needed a card, because I randomly pressed the paypal button and it asked for some information. It was weird, I didn't complete the transaction but I was definitely interested.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:19 PM

So the little ccard terminal did that?   SWEET!  Do you remember what it asked for?

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Yes but I didn't think you even needed a card, because I randomly pressed the paypal button and it asked for some information. It was weird, I didn't complete the transaction but I was definitely interested.

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I can't remember, I was out of it that day on allergy meds lol. I'll see if I can't google up some info, lol.

Quoting michiganmom116:

So the little ccard terminal did that?   SWEET!  Do you remember what it asked for?

Quoting sucker4myloves:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I knew they took Paypal for online orders, this was the first I'd seen it in the store, though.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I can't remember, I was out of it that day on allergy meds lol. I'll see if I can't google up some info, lol.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I think the lady told me it was a brand new thing. I was fascinated, especially since I get paid through paypal lol. I'm not finding any info online. I might mozy on over there later just to see, lol. I took NON drowsy allergy meds today :P

Quoting michiganmom116:

I knew they took Paypal for online orders, this was the first I'd seen it in the store, though.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I have not.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Cool! I didnt even know PayPal has a debit lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugapie0305
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I've had my paypal card for some number of years now and have never had a problem using it as a debit card at any Dollar General store. Is this something new in certain areas that are taking Paypal cards now?

Freebies & Samples - list of goodies throughout the week / SuperPoints ~ Win points to redeem for cash, Amazon Gift Cards and Merchandise / Swagbucks ~ see how I earn $25 Amazon gifts cards each month for free / Cash For Mama ~ easy ways to earn money for free / Make Money Online Free With Me ~ blog of job listings / PaidViewPoint ~ Get paid by taking surveys / Spoonful of Chocolate Sistah

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Bump
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Quoting sugapie0305:

I've had my paypal card for some number of years now and have never had a problem using it as a debit card at any Dollar General store. Is this something new in certain areas that are taking Paypal cards now?

You know, I've had my PP debit card for years too...I just never thought to use it at DG. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)