Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help with Swagbucks

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

Can someone break down the concept of Swagbucks for me? DH and I were looking at it last night, but we're still not sure how it works, and now I think it's affiliated with PayPal! I want to know more. Why don't I understand this?

slightlyperfect

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Can someone break down the concept of Swagbucks for me? DH and I were looking at it last night, but we're still not sure how it works, and now I think it's affiliated with PayPal! I want to know more. Why don't I understand this?

I believe the only way it's affiliated with Paypal is that it will award Paypal cash (along with other rewards) for Swagbucks.

Basically, you earn points (Swagbucks) for going through their site for a variety of purposes.  I use it as a search engine, to view short videos (SBTV), to take surveys when I qualify, to play games, to print coupons (10 SB for every coupon redeemed), shopping at various online stores through their site, and a host of other things.  Then I redeem the points for gift cards to MANY different stores, Paypal cash, or items.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:27 PM

It's really not that different from sites like cashcrate, surveyhead, Ebates, or mypoints....it just seems to combine it all into one.

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM

So you earn points when you view videos, take surveys, etc? And then those points can be redeemed for things like gift cards?

Can you take surveys all day, or do you have to wait to see if you're selected?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I believe the only way it's affiliated with Paypal is that it will award Paypal cash (along with other rewards) for Swagbucks.

Basically, you earn points (Swagbucks) for going through their site for a variety of purposes.  I use it as a search engine, to view short videos (SBTV), to take surveys when I qualify, to play games, to print coupons (10 SB for every coupon redeemed), shopping at various online stores through their site, and a host of other things.  Then I redeem the points for gift cards to MANY different stores, Paypal cash, or items.

slightlyperfect

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM

The surveys are a hit or miss.  I had only a few yesterday and didn't qualify for any, then I've had no surveys today at all.  Filling out your survey profiles will net you a few points and help them send you surveys that are more to your profile.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

So you earn points when you view videos, take surveys, etc? And then those points can be redeemed for things like gift cards?  Exactly!  The gift cards are usually sent in the form of gift codes that can be redeemed at online stores.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Sorry I have often wonder this question myself.

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Thanks for the info.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Michiganmom has all the right answers! Also, if you try the special offers and go into peanut labs, they give you swagbuck if you dont qualify. Obviously a lot more if you do qualify
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM

We had a lot of disqualifications tonight. Is that because we won't participate further, after the survey? This is turning into a waste of time, and it's making DH hard to live with. ;)

Quoting michiganmom116:

The surveys are a hit or miss.  I had only a few yesterday and didn't qualify for any, then I've had no surveys today at all.  Filling out your survey profiles will net you a few points and help them send you surveys that are more to your profile.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

So you earn points when you view videos, take surveys, etc? And then those points can be redeemed for things like gift cards?  Exactly!  The gift cards are usually sent in the form of gift codes that can be redeemed at online stores.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

slightlyperfect

Babujai
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I just started Swagbucks today so this info has been really helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Not necessarily.  I've had several days in the past week that didn't net me any surveys.  It all depends on how quickly you get the surveys after they're posted and how many surveys are being submitted to SB for dispersal to its members.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

We had a lot of disqualifications tonight. Is that because we won't participate further, after the survey? This is turning into a waste of time, and it's making DH hard to live with. ;)

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Christmas countdown banner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)