Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

why didn't i try this earlier

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM
  • 14 Replies
i just got into swagbucks and it's addicting. Im up to 420 sb. Im learning new more things each day i play around on it. Any tips from any veteran's?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I sent this info to another CMom-er a few days ago:

First, you want to make this as easy for you as possible.  Under the Tools menu at the top of the SB screen, click on Toolbar and install it.  Just starting your browser with that toolbar will give you 1 point a day, no effort on your part at all.

Every morning, I start my browser and head to SB main page.  I will go under Earn (at the top of the page) and do the daily poll (1 SB), the NOSO (2 SB), and then play 10 games of my choice for 10 points (2 usually awarded every other game that I submit my score.)  That's already 14 points for the day!

Surveys are the best way to earn money, and you'll start by filling out your profiles (earning more points.)  Once you start catching surveys, remember that at least 9 out of 10 surveys will be ones for which you won't qualify.  They can be frustrating, but the ones that you DO qualify and finish are worth the points.  I keep a browser page open to Surveys and refresh it every 15 minutes that I'm at the computer.

You'll also earn points by searching using the search window in the SB toolbar.  Points are awarded at random, but it's great when you get them!  You'll usually only be awarded once every few hours, but I've gotten as many as 3 searches awarded in one day.  The values for those SB varies GREATLY.  One of those today was for 55 SB.  I've had some as low as 6 SB.  They don't always appear on the first page of search results, either. 

There are SB Codes issued randomly.  I use sbcodez.com to keep an eye on codes.  They put the codes out and make it easy to use...but SB doesn't "like" the site because it takes the work out of finding the codes, so we don't mention it around SB official pages.  LOL  When you get a code, you copy it then go to the SB home page and paste it at the top right of the page, then click "gimme!".  You'll get points!  Monday is a code extravaganza day with 70 points being awarded through codes, so keep a close eye on that sbcodez.com page!

SBTV:  Very easy way to earn SB!  I use the pull-down tab on the SB toolbar, then just keep the videos running.  You'll only need to view each video for as long as it takes for the SB meter to gain another 10%, usually around 40 seconds per video.  For every 10 videos, you'll get 3 points...and there's a daily max of 150 points on SBTV.  If you have mobile (tablet or smartphone), there's a free app that you can download to allow you run videos on that device for as long as it takes to run through 125 videos a day (maximum points 50 per day.)  NOW:  I'm not sure if the 150 is a total combined between PC viewing and mobile device viewing, but that's still 150 points!

If you look below the "Gimme" Code bar on SB home page, you'll see a Daily Meter and a goal that's set for you every day.  If you can reach that number of points every day, you'll get bonus points at the beginning of the next month!  That goal is easily attained even if you can't get any surveys that day.

Sometimes the homepage will have brand activities to complete, marked on "cards" with an " Earn" button.  Just follow the activity, usually viewing a video or interacting with a "game", and you'll get more points.

At the top of the SB home page, the bar will also have an envelope icon.  If a number in a red circle appears next to that, you've got mail!  Most of the Swag mail pertains to additional ways to earn points, so they're worth checking out every day.

Explore the site!  It's easy to spend a lot of time there, yes.  I usually wake up a couple of hours before the kids, and I manage to reach my daily goal before they get up, then I keep an eye on SBTV, surveys, and codes as I am able throughout the day to add more points for that day.

If you can get people to sign up under you (referrals), you'll earn as they earn.

TonyaO
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Wow I had no idea there were so many ways to earn sb. I've been thinking about trying it but wasn't sure if it was worth the effort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XVAmomma
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I can't wait to try it!
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Thanks so much for helping. Since Im not working and home a lot during the day Im pretty sure i can make my daily goal most days. I know i can't do it during craft show season everyday but i at least can get the easy points on those days

Quoting michiganmom116:

First,
you want to make this as easy for you as possible.  Under the Tools
menu at the top of the SB screen, click on Toolbar and install it.  Just
starting your browser with that toolbar will give you 1 point a day, no
effort on your part at all.

Every
morning, I start my browser and head to SB main page.  I will go under
Earn (at the top of the page) and do the daily poll (1 SB), the NOSO (2
SB), and then play 10 games of my choice for 10 points (2 usually
awarded every other game that I submit my score.)  That's already 14
points for the day!

Surveys
are the best way to earn money, and you'll start by filling out your
profiles (earning more points.)  Once you start catching surveys,
remember that at least 9 out of 10 surveys will be ones for which you
won't qualify.  They can be frustrating, but the ones that you DO
qualify and finish are worth the points.  I keep a browser page open to
Surveys and refresh it every 15 minutes that I'm at the computer.

You'll
also earn points by searching using the search window in the SB
toolbar.  Points are awarded at random, but it's great when you get
them!  You'll usually only be awarded once every few hours, but I've
gotten as many as 3 searches awarded in one day.  The values for those
SB varies GREATLY.  One of those today was for 55 SB.  I've had some as
low as 6 SB.  They don't always appear on the first page of search
results, either. 

There
are SB Codes issued randomly.  I use sbcodez.com to keep an eye on
codes.  They put the codes out and make it easy to use...but SB doesn't
"like" the site because it takes the work out of finding the codes, so
we don't mention it around SB official pages.  LOL  When you get a code,
you copy it then go to the SB home page and paste it at the top right
of the page, then click "gimme!".  You'll get points!  Monday is a code
extravaganza day with 70 points being awarded through codes, so keep a
close eye on that sbcodez.com page!

SBTV: 
Very easy way to earn SB!  I use the pull-down tab on the SB toolbar,
then just keep the videos running.  You'll only need to view each video
for as long as it takes for the SB meter to gain another 10%, usually
around 40 seconds per video.  For every 10 videos, you'll get 3
points...and there's a daily max of 150 points on SBTV.  If you have
mobile (tablet or smartphone), there's a free app that you can download
to allow you run videos on that device for as long as it takes to run
through 125 videos a day (maximum points 50 per day.)  NOW:  I'm not
sure if the 150 is a total combined between PC viewing and mobile device
viewing, but that's still 150 points!

If
you look below the "Gimme" Code bar on SB home page, you'll see a Daily
Meter and a goal that's set for you every day.  If you can reach that
number of points every day, you'll get bonus points at the beginning of
the next month!  That goal is easily attained even if you can't get any
surveys that day.

Sometimes
the homepage will have brand activities to complete, marked on "cards"
with an " Earn" button.  Just follow the activity, usually viewing a
video or interacting with a "game", and you'll get more points.

At
the top of the SB home page, the bar will also have an envelope icon. 
If a number in a red circle appears next to that, you've got mail!  Most
of the Swag mail pertains to additional ways to earn points, so they're
worth checking out every day.

Explore
the site!  It's easy to spend a lot of time there, yes.  I usually wake
up a couple of hours before the kids, and I manage to reach my daily
goal before they get up, then I keep an eye on SBTV, surveys, and codes
as I am able throughout the day to add more points for that day.

If you can get people to sign up under you (referrals), you'll earn as they earn.

Mami2oneboy
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I got like 3 amazon gift cards since I signed up last year, I've been slacking a lot, but now with the app it's so much easier. Use the toolbar and do random searches every couple of searches you get 7-10-12 sw.
Do the daily poll and you can also sign up for Netflix etc through them and get a bunch of sb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I can just search for anything? Do i have to click on the sites that come up?

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

I got like 3 amazon gift cards since I signed up last year, I've been slacking a lot, but now with the app it's so much easier. Use the toolbar and do random searches every couple of searches you get 7-10-12 sw.

Do the daily poll and you can also sign up for Netflix etc through them and get a bunch of sb
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Nevermind i just won 6sb. This is easier than i thought.

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Bump

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Can you inbox this to me?

Quoting michiganmom116:

First, you want to make this as easy for you as possible.  Under the Tools menu at the top of the SB screen, click on Toolbar and install it.  Just starting your browser with that toolbar will give you 1 point a day, no effort on your part at all.

Every morning, I start my browser and head to SB main page.  I will go under Earn (at the top of the page) and do the daily poll (1 SB), the NOSO (2 SB), and then play 10 games of my choice for 10 points (2 usually awarded every other game that I submit my score.)  That's already 14 points for the day!

Surveys are the best way to earn money, and you'll start by filling out your profiles (earning more points.)  Once you start catching surveys, remember that at least 9 out of 10 surveys will be ones for which you won't qualify.  They can be frustrating, but the ones that you DO qualify and finish are worth the points.  I keep a browser page open to Surveys and refresh it every 15 minutes that I'm at the computer.

You'll also earn points by searching using the search window in the SB toolbar.  Points are awarded at random, but it's great when you get them!  You'll usually only be awarded once every few hours, but I've gotten as many as 3 searches awarded in one day.  The values for those SB varies GREATLY.  One of those today was for 55 SB.  I've had some as low as 6 SB.  They don't always appear on the first page of search results, either. 

There are SB Codes issued randomly.  I use sbcodez.com to keep an eye on codes.  They put the codes out and make it easy to use...but SB doesn't "like" the site because it takes the work out of finding the codes, so we don't mention it around SB official pages.  LOL  When you get a code, you copy it then go to the SB home page and paste it at the top right of the page, then click "gimme!".  You'll get points!  Monday is a code extravaganza day with 70 points being awarded through codes, so keep a close eye on that sbcodez.com page!

SBTV:  Very easy way to earn SB!  I use the pull-down tab on the SB toolbar, then just keep the videos running.  You'll only need to view each video for as long as it takes for the SB meter to gain another 10%, usually around 40 seconds per video.  For every 10 videos, you'll get 3 points...and there's a daily max of 150 points on SBTV.  If you have mobile (tablet or smartphone), there's a free app that you can download to allow you run videos on that device for as long as it takes to run through 125 videos a day (maximum points 50 per day.)  NOW:  I'm not sure if the 150 is a total combined between PC viewing and mobile device viewing, but that's still 150 points!

If you look below the "Gimme" Code bar on SB home page, you'll see a Daily Meter and a goal that's set for you every day.  If you can reach that number of points every day, you'll get bonus points at the beginning of the next month!  That goal is easily attained even if you can't get any surveys that day.

Sometimes the homepage will have brand activities to complete, marked on "cards" with an " Earn" button.  Just follow the activity, usually viewing a video or interacting with a "game", and you'll get more points.

At the top of the SB home page, the bar will also have an envelope icon.  If a number in a red circle appears next to that, you've got mail!  Most of the Swag mail pertains to additional ways to earn points, so they're worth checking out every day.

Explore the site!  It's easy to spend a lot of time there, yes.  I usually wake up a couple of hours before the kids, and I manage to reach my daily goal before they get up, then I keep an eye on SBTV, surveys, and codes as I am able throughout the day to add more points for that day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)