Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pantry Items Only!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 41 Replies

How many meals could you make using only what you have on hand before you would need to go to the store again?  What are some examples of what you would make?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Corey on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm really not awake enough to think and list everything.  LOL.  But, the first thing that comes to mind is chipped beef on toast.  I always have jars of dried corned beef in the pantry.  And, we are never without butter, flour, milk and bread.

Beans & ham.  Beans in the pantry and hamhocks in the freezer.

Homemade tukey and noodles.  Turkey carcass from Thanksgiving in the freezer along with leftover turkey meat.  Flour, water and eggs always on hand.

Potato and corn chowder.  Pantry is always supplied with the ingredients for this.

Of course, there are always tons of veggies in the pantry to go with those meals.

charla_r
by Charla on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Using only what I have on hand in the pantry and freezer, I could make:

• spaghetti
  • stove top chicken bake (casserole)
  • chicken and rice
  • chicken stir fry
  • meatloaf

Those are the ones I can think of right off hand.  I always have plenty of veggies in the pantry and freezer to pair with main dishes. 

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I can make a roast, pulled pork sammies, tuna casserole, bruschetta chicken, italian sausage and peppers, italian sausage and penne casserole, homemade pizza, sloppy joe's, MIL's baked chicken recipe, stir fry, tacos, a turkey leg, banana bread for breakfast (I'm making this today), and a bacon and eggs breakfast, twice

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I could make it for a month, easily.  Two months would be pushing it but I could probably do it.

MommeisQueen
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I could make it two-weeks but the kids would b3 miserable after that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
manifer_momma
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I could make it 2 weeks...tops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I could probably make it a month to 6 weeks, of course DF and the kids would not enjoy the meals I could come up with the last few weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM

probably only a week.  it is time to go grocery shopping LOL

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM

i could make stuff for at least 4 wks.  It definately wouldn't be what we are used to though. I use alot of fresh fruit and veggies.  I have to make a trip to the grocery store this wk for that.  Along with milk.

sleepymommy87
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM
I always have lots of rice, beans, canned and frozen veggies, frozen meats, dry pastas, flour, eggs, milk, cheese, and assorted staples like canned broth and baking items on hand at all times. I could easily make it for two months with what I have. It probably wouldn't be adventurous or interesting every meal but we could definitely make it if need be. I try to buy fresh veggies as needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)