Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

seriously would it be considered abuse to take away their privilege of using...

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:56 PM
  • 26 Replies
the toilet? Im seriously having to clean the toilet everyday at least once. Everyday i go in there i see poop smeared on the seat, toilet full of paper and usually poop and many times piss on the back or behind. It's disgusting. This is the hall bath and the one guest use if they come over but mainly their bathroom to use. Iknow the pee is probably Jr's but they are arguing over who doesn't flush and wipe down the seat after pooping if they some how managed to smear it. So I told them of they couldn't be responsible and clean up after themselves they will take turns wiping the toilet down. Very easy task that they are crying about. So i told them they can't use my toilet if they don't clean it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:58 PM
3 moms liked this

have them start wiping it down EVERY time they use it...

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM
March their butts in there to clean it. I had to do that with my TEENS! Now they're much more careful.
twinsnseptember
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Cleaning supplies and they can all get in there and scrub every inch
Dabberdoo
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:33 PM
4 moms liked this

They would have to ask permission to use the toilet.  Then after they were done, I would go check the toilet.  If its a mess, you know who did it and they clean it up.  But, yeh, sorry, they have to be permitted to use the toilet but nothing says they should have free access to the toilet.  They don't when they are at school.

Dabberdoo
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Honestly, if it were that bad, I would put a lock on the bathroom and I would be the only person to have the key.

xoch86
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Quoting Dabberdoo:

They would have to ask permission to use the toilet.  Then after they were done, I would go check the toilet.  If its a mess, you know who did it and they clean it up.  But, yeh, sorry, they have to be permitted to use the toilet but nothing says they should have free access to the toilet.  They don't when they are at school.

If its really that bad, I would do this. Lock that door and have them ask permission for the key.. Ur not denying them access,, so totally not abuse.  They'll learn.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Like this idea!!! i will start doing this. its just disgusting. Ive already banned them from my bathroom so I have a clean place to go in a hurry

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I'd have them each clean the toliet on different days. Stand over them while they do it. Every day it should be clean. Sooner or later they will be tired of cleaning the poop and pee and do better.

If you do the key thing, you can inspect after they use it and call them right back to clean it.

Also you can have a behavior contract with gold stars for good behavior. After a straight month of good behavior a board game or picnic with mom. And for bad behavior, cleaning it up and losing privileges for an hour.

lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Id hand em each a toothbrush ans tell em to go clean it...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Melissa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM

i dont blame you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)